Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

i couldnt do it...

i got through this morning but couldnt do it as soon as i got up but i did only take 4 today from my usual 5 a day of 10mg hydro.  but i did go 17 hours without one, i was just in so much pain. thats my problem i have a lot of pain, i have 7 pills left and then they are gone until my refill is do on the 21st.  by friday i'll be totally out and forced to withdrawal.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i have tried several times to quit and tried the tapering thing this time and it does not make a diffrence at all, your just prolonging the detox. do what you can to get whatever can now and set yourself up to be laid up for awhile. and please know that you can this. last week i thought i was going to die so i downed a bottle of cough med and took a mouthful of flexeril, i just wanted to get loaded and go to sleep, i ended up being taken by amb to er and spent the night and had to drink the charcol ****. i would hate to see anyone else go thru this. you can do it!! we are here to help you.
Helpful - 0
but i feel like i cant live without them. like i'll die - i know i wont but i'm so scared of not having them.
Helpful - 0
Taper maybe better if you dont want full on w/d did it w/pills alot hated it my husband tried to taper me but could not watch me suffer who could? have faith in yourself believe me you will find more strength than you thought you had!good luck! and keep posting
Helpful - 0
with my disease i'm in a wheelchair and i drive a mini-van but i cant drive unless i take a lorcet, at least thats what i've been program - they give me eneregy to get through the day.
Helpful - 0
i only have 7 pills left.  are withdrawal symtoms easier if you tapper?  in going 17 hours without a pill i never really felt much withdrawal, just got out of bed in pain so i took one, took a total of 4 today.
Helpful - 0
Thats because they are what is the only reality you know any more every one is scared I know I am still afraid I wont make it. i havnt taken pills in 4 yrs if I had them I would eat the hell out of them isnt that sad? you have revolved your life around them for years all you can do is try! lots of support here!
Helpful - 0
with me only taking 4 to 5 hydrocodone 10mg for 3 years how bad do you guys think my withdrawals will be?
Helpful - 0
maybe you should try the taper you have it in you to do it I will be here for awhile if you need to talk
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.