Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Dr appt-Help is in an hour

What do I start off by saying to him??? I am all a wreck now with everything going on. I can't get myself to think straight. How do I begin my convo with doc? ANy suggestions??
16 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Last week I went to one of my many drs and told him whats going on. It didn't go well cuz he was pissed that I was using him. That's one dr, I would say that most drs will help you get off the pills. Just be honest. I know thats hard for us to do but it's the only way to turn the corner and start living again.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
what is it EXACTLY that u want from ur doc?
Helpful - 0
I went Tuesday for a refill and decided to confess.  The Doc was helpful and prescribed some caatpres(sp)?

I think it helps a little.
Helpful - 0
I want to tell him ALL...but am scared. I also want him to help me off these.
Helpful - 0
Do you have insurance? If you do you should go to an addiction Dr. They will give you many meds that will take the edge off.
Helpful - 0
If you want his help, you HAVE to tell him all.  If you tell him EVERYTHING, he can put together a plan for you.  If you DOn'T tell him it all, he may not use the correct procedures.  It is better to be completely honest.  He won't look down on you.  HE actually knows it is partially his fault you are where you are at.  His guilt will make him want to help you as much as he can.  My two cents.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
then swallow ur pride and tell him! remember pride comes before a fall. just go in there and let it all go! theres nothing he can do legally. he cannot refuse to treat you. good luck email me when u get home?
lisa
Helpful - 0
Ok but how do I begin my conversation to him? You know when he comes in says Hi tracy, how you doing what can I do for you today???

Say I AM HOOKED on these pills help me??? I need to be calm and relaxed and explain everything.
Helpful - 0
OK..I have to go get ready..EVERYONE say a prayer please. I am so scared heis going to chew me out and kick me out. Leaving me to do a C/T. Well I have meds now, but you know what I mean. UGGGGGGGG.

Ok I have to get going. I will write when I get back, hopefully with good news.

Thanks ev1!!!
Helpful - 0
Try not to work your self all up. I promise you that if you are a true pill poper he already has an idea that something is going on. I also promise you that you are not going to be the first person to tell your doc that the pills got you. Just tell him. If he doesn't help you shame on him.
Helpful - 0
You can begin by telling him that you are tired of taking the meds and that you would like to quit. He will understand, believe me.  He will WANT to help you because he is probably your biggest enabler.  I know it is tough, but you MUST be open and tell him everything.  Honesty goes a long way towards trust.
Helpful - 0
Yes..I think that is what I will do. Ok off I go...man this feels like my first day of school orsomething!

Thank you all for your help and support!! Helped way more than you know!! Will post when I get back!
Helpful - 0
Good luck.  I just did it Tuesday.  It will be much better in just a little time.
Helpful - 0
Hey girl - before you know it - you will just start talking - and it will feel so good - you'll wonder why you didn't do it before.  (of course, as long as your doc is not an ass!)

I'm so excited for you.  

Be strong, don't falter, and know you have the support of SO many of us here - we are your support - and are all waiting to see how it goes!

Good luck -
Helpful - 0
Why don't you start by asking him how HE feels about you starting to wean off the pills.  Forget about C/T if it is not for you.   This message maybe a little too late you may already be there.

Ask him if you decide you want to see how you are w/o them... what he would rec.  Tell him inclusively that you don't know if you are READY...but you have been seriously thinking about it.

If he's worth his salt...he'll come up w/some suggestions but won't cut you off or back until you are ready.

None of the above is a lie... it's exactly how you feel from what I read in your post... you have a serious consideration and you are frieghtened about leaving the pill friend behind.

One day at a time chica.... *sigh*

Hope it all goes OK... you deserve a break

Gip
Helpful - 0
You were so right! And yes you totally understand me to a T.

You are the nesy g/f!! I thank you so much for being here for me!!! You are an Angel!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.