Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Bad Cravings...........

Is this normal? I am starting to shake, I am on day 2, having horrible cravings for the vics and called my doctor and yelled at them to give me something for the w/ds. I had called them last week to let them know my script was running out and they never called back. I doubt that they will call back, but it felt good to get it out. Took a HOT bath and sweated like crazy. Is it normal to still have the taste in my mouth that the vics gave me and when will it go away.
16 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes, This is very normal. It will go away. In another two days you will be feeling so much better. NOT NORMAL but a lot better. Stick with it sweetie. You are doing everything right. Try to stay calm and don't draw all your attention on the pills. Pay attention to making it throughout another couple days. ITS OK SWEETHEART I PROMISE. You can do it. almost there. Just hold on K????
IM here for you XOXO, Heather
Helpful - 0
When I went thru W/D's many times I always got the shakes, I got really really really cold, achy, diarrhea, felt like I was in a cloud, had no energy etc. It's the worst thing besides labor and delivery!!! Dr's suck!! They prescribe these meds and don't tell you how addicting they are or how to slowly come off of them. The Dr's here never call me back either and if they do it takes like 3 days. WTF!!!! You feel like they don't give a #*&@ right? Have you tried that Thomas recipe???? Do you have any benzo's like valium, xanax, ativan? They help. I'm sorry your suffering so bad, I will be joining you probably tomorrow in the suffering. How many pills were you on each day? vics?
Helpful - 0
Hey Sunny, thanks I think I will go try and read something for awhile or go watch some uselss tv, lol, any word from shorty? It must get better because you are so inspirational!
Helpful - 0
No word from shorty yet. Maybe resting (I HOPE) Thank you, I just want to help like so many have been doing and doing for me. It does get better. Four days and you will see a change. Thats right you go kick your feet up and chill. Get some rest and I will check back later to see how you are.
XOXO, Heather
Helpful - 0
That taste is the worst, I have tried Heroin a couple times when I couldnt get Oxy's. The last time was 4-5 months ago and sometimes I just taste it for know reason AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
My freakin head!
Helpful - 0
I too am on day two. Hang in there, its sucks going cold turkey. Sahking is definatly normal.
Helpful - 0
I was taking 8-10 vics a day all of last year. I have tried to quit before but never made it past day three. This will be a new record for me. How are you doing?
Helpful - 0
We can do it!!

Im weak and shakin too, but will never do this again! It sooooo worth it!

Day 2 is tough, but just hang in there it will get MUCH better, I promise.
Helpful - 0
You sound good there stong one. :~) We will all help if needed in anyway. Great job and good luck. By the way I am Heather 31 on my 11 day c/t from 8 to 10 vic.s a day for about a year and 3 months. PEACE, Heather
Helpful - 0
What is really going to suck is that once I start to feel "normal" I am going to finally face that fact that I lost a great job and my boyfriend walked out on me two months ago. Oh well, one day at a time right.
Helpful - 0
Hi Heather my name is Rich 33y/o. Day two from 5 -80mg oxy a day, holding on.
Helpful - 0
Try not to think of the negative stuff that's fer sure. Believe me you will be able to get another job, and boyfriend, only this time it will be far better. You will exceed everything youve done so far, and feel the best you ever felt!

Hang in there!
Helpful - 0
Thanks!! After rereading what I wrote I am just wasting precious energy on all of the old stuff. Time to move on to a better me! Thanks again.
Helpful - 0
We gotta hold each other up! You can bet that once through this hell, there is nowhere to go but up!

You got that winning spirit! I know your gonna make it, im just glad the w/d's dont take as long as the length of time we did the drugs lol. That makes it well worth everything we are going to gain from this experience.

We will all come out stronger, and more confident than ever before.
Helpful - 0
Dont turn back now, or all that suffering will be for nothing. Hang in there, I know I will be there soon enough myself.
Take Care
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your words as I am having terrible cravings today. I hope they go away soon. I am out of the vics so I don't have anymore so no turning back now.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.