Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I have a chance to get some

percs tomorrow.  This is day five.  C/T.

Help
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
175363 tn?1200946321
DONT! On day 5 your are almost out of the woods. If you go get that script and relapse, then everything you have been through the last 5 days, what for????
Why are you quitting, I do not know you story. What is you motivation?
Lisa
Helpful - 0
149087 tn?1258453820
Oh lord. You are on day 5?? Please don't go and have a relapse. Just remind yourself how far you have come so far. I have read everyone elses posts on here, they say once you get past day 4 it tends to get better. You have already beat the 1st 4 days!! That in itself is a huge step. You don't want to have to go through all of that w/d again do you?

If when tomorrow comes, just come in here and visit us instead of going to the car to pick up the percs. Think of hte money you will save.

You can do this, we have faith in you, but you need to have self faith too.

Good Luck!!
Aurora
Helpful - 0
I am having such a tough time with the cravings.  The w/d's are almost gone now.  My street supplier called and said he had 90 for me.  I told him I was done and didn't want any.  He was OK with it.  I waited fifteen minutes and called him and said to save me only ten.  Will ten hurt me?
Helpful - 0
10 will send you back into the cycle. You will have to start over. once you get a taste you will want more. plus think of the money you can save. wow, the temptation. I don't know if I could pass it up either. That's a tough call. all I know is I envy you for how far you have come already, I wish I was there!!!! Be careful and think of having to go thru the W/D again and the hell it puts your body thru. let us know what you do. we won't judge either way.
mikki
Helpful - 0
You think ten will make me withdraw again?
Helpful - 0
I think it could for sure. If you take one here and there maybe not but if you take a bunch at once I think it will send your body right back to square one. I think it's too soon in the game. Don't you think you'll want more after feeling that buzz again. It's been 5 days so I think you may definately get that warm fuzzy feeling that you used to get and you may crave it again. I'm no one to judge because I would probably do the same as you cuz I'm weak when it comes to these damn pills. Just be careful k?
mikki
Helpful - 0
I will let you all know what happens.

Thanks for the support.
Helpful - 0
149087 tn?1258453820
I also think it would set you back. Ten pills doesnt sound like a lot, but how long would those ten last? A day, two?? Probably not long depending how much you used to use before you quit. It is a tough choice, but its also mind over matter. If you arent having any pain, then you are past the physical part of getting off of them, and you need to work on the psyc part. You have to tell yourself that you dont want to go down that road again. 5 days clean may not sound like alot either, but look at all the people on here who wished they had 5 days clean. Some cant even make it that far, so you have already shown yourself that you can do it. You just need to turn down the temptation. Spend the money on something else so that you cant buy the pills.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Know exactly where you are at and... been there done that!  I had too much going on and had to "go out" but you???  I hope you don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We have to do it some time or another and why not now??
Helpful - 0
I will try to get some sleep and turn it down tomorrow.  I will be at work, so I will post tomorrow night.  Thanks for everything everybody.
Helpful - 0
I have 5 vic's and an ms contin 30mg, and the w/d's are soooo bad in the first few days there is zero chance of me ever wanting to touch one again. Im lookin at day 9 tomorrow, and love the way my mind is so clear.

Some friends dropped by today, and they even remarked that they see an old me coming back! Tripped me out!

Im glad your turnin them down, 10 pills aint worth the agony of the first few days of w/d.

We will help each other make it.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.