Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Problem when doing pot

I'm an occassional pot smoker. Maybe like once a month, not even. It's been getting less and less lately anyway because I'm scared to do it. As of now I'm done because there were these three instances where something happened: I start to hear a ringing, from what I'm seeing it looks like I'm being enveloped by blackness (when in actuality, I was told by those who have seen me, my eyes are shutting because I complain I can't see), and I eventually fall over or something and slowly regain awareness..... and when I do, I'm sweating as if I just ran my ass off. When it happens my entire body goes numb, and I mean EVERYTHING. Last night I was over a kid's house with my friend and we hit up a bowl and a bong and we were discussing possibly meeting up with some friends of ours to go bowling. While these two were discussing I felt this coming on like it did one time in the movie theater the day Saw III came out (that was scary, I missed the whole part with Troy) and another at a spot the people in my town like to call "The Pits".

So, apparently I was told I'm having like muscle spasms and that's why my eyes are shutting. My entire body is numb and there was this one time I didn't pass out (it was one of those days where u have to take a **** like every 5 minutes simply for drinking a little bit of water or something) and because my ENTIRE body was numb, I thought I pissed myself....but I dont think I did. The time in the movie theater, my gf checked my heart beat and she said it was almost twice what it should normally be. There's more I'd like to say but 1600 char. isnt enough.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had to stop smoking pot because it made me feel too weird. I never collapsed or anything, but it gave me more of a stimulant type feel. My heartbeat would race, I would struggle for breath and I would literally be out of my mind. I smoked a LOT more than you it seems so you should stop NOW. The worst part was the numbness. I couldn't feel my arms. Now I am equipped with a bit of knowledge I look back and realize I  was probably having panic attacks every time I smoked. It amazed me that people could sleep on this ****. I would lay awake for hours just thinking of crazy things. Do NOT underestimate weed. I know a few people that have lost it because of this drug. One of my friends had a schizophrenic episode because of it. I won't go into details but it was scary.

You may be hypersensitive. Everyone reacts differently to drugs. Some people can get away with it, but some people suffer from it. My advice to you is to steer clear of the evil weed if you are experiencing these effects. At first I loved it. I would laugh, feel calm, and be carried away to an amazing place. Nowadays if I touch a tiny bit I am the ultimate paranoid freak. Do NOT underestimate weed. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks occasionally and it's down to extensive drug abuse. I wasn't just smoking weed. My biggest regret in life is taking drugs and now I must suffer from my own stupidity. Please get out while you can.
Helpful - 0
yeah I figured I should stop and I plan on doing just that.  I just want to know why it is happening and what exactly is going on with my body.  Like someone said, I felt drunk (although I have never been) and beat up.  I felt realy tired and sick afterwards but I couldn't exactly go home in that condition cause my parents were still up.  I also had like a borderline gagging sensation in my throat... I was definitely out of it, in my own little world.  

On a side note, I do cigarettes too.  But I don't consider myself addicted to them.  I started around July when I started a job at a catering hall and had to work 12-16 hour shifts with no break, at ALL.  I've done about a pack every week or two until the end of my first semester at college, which was about a couple days before Christmas.  I haven't been able to simply go out for a smoke because my parents dunno I smoke and I know I'd smell of it when I got home... so I was without them for a week, and suffered from quite a headache (I assume from the lack of nicotine)... after that I was fine and didn't have the crave for a cigarette.  Therefore I don't feel like I'm addicted... I've started back up in the past week, like maybe one ciagarette a week, not even.  I think I'm almost off them totally.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Maybe you shouldn't smoke pot, that don't sound like its much fun, hun...
Helpful - 0
This does not sound right. I smoked for many years and never had anything then one little outer body experience. LOL Stay away from that sweetie.
Helpful - 0
Must have been some good stuff!

That has happened to me a couple of times, back in the 70 and 80's. It is just a headrush. I have even watched my friends go down, just to jump back up sayin where am I.

They say if you can remember the 70's you werent there lol.

Helpful - 0
149087 tn?1258453820
I have tried pot like maybe a handful of times. If you havent already read from some of my posts I have chronic pain conditions. I was told that it would relax me and actually help with the pain. Bullshit. It made the pains in my legs twice as bad, and also my back from coughing. I dont smoke cigs so I had no idea what I was doing. Didnt know how to inhale right, but because of the coughing it made me that more tense and it just wasnt my cup of tea. I never liked how it made me feel either, I felt drunk and like I had been beaten up. I have tried alot of things and I dont seem to get hooked. I had a doctor tell me once that some people just have and addictive personality. I guess I got lucky on that one because so far I have not liked how any drug has made me feel.

When I take my pain meds I do not feel a high from them. They just make the pain go away. So I cant relate to being personally addicted. I love this site and the people on here, besides I also live with someone that is an addict, but only to meth, and not methadone, Im talking like crystal meth.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.