Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
176889 tn?1234352582

LadySundown,Orangefyre,Adman412, Everyone; Don't Let Go! back in 32 hrs...

How are y'all??  Sorry to be so repetitive, but it's so true and I feel it so much I've gotta tell you again how much I appreciate your posts!!  It's what keeps me going... no one else understands what I'm going through like you do... On Sunday I'll write more about where I'm at with all the pill juggling (more like the tightrope walker than the juggler I'm afraid...)  LS - how you doing w/o the Fentanyl (sp.) patches?  Or do you still use them but less??  what's your plan?  I dunno what your nickname means, but it's very meaningful to me; my mother spent the last eight years of her life after my father died, attending a famous art school and working on her paintings... her final and most beautiful series of paintings that she worked on the last three years of her life were all sunset skyscapes - some almost tropical and exotic, some dark and ominous - she considered it the "sunset" of her life...  I think your nickname, LS, is really LadySunrise!  Sat. nite sometime I'll be back here.  If I can ever be of help in any way to anyone, please lemme know and I'll do the best I can... hope I finish sweating out this infection and really start tapering or C/T soon...  Please know you're always in my thoughts and prayers...    Love,  Nefesh
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm so embarrassed I could hide for a few years. I noticed just now that when I replied to you yesterday, I said your grandmother instead of your mother, which would have been correct. Please forgive me. I read every word of your posts, and that's why it's bothering me so badly. Think I'll go crawl under a rock now. ((((((((((hugs))))))))) LS
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Hi nefresh,

It was good to see your post. I hope by tomorrow the antibiotics have taken a big step towards making you feel better. Don't worry. We will always be here to support you. You are kind to everyone and I think sometimes you forget to take care of yourself. All I have to do is read your words, and I feel better. Words have so much power. Don't rush, but I'm looking forward to hearing how you're doing with your pills, but it's next to impossible to detox while you're sick and run down, so I think you're right in waiting.

About my nickname. I love to be outdoors. If it was possible, that's where I would be every day. However, our winter's don't allow that. In the spring, summer, and fall, and the end of the day (about sundown)I take my journal and go to my special place. I live on three acres of land, and there is a hill on my property that I sit on to write in my journal. When I finish, I watch the sun go down in the west. It's amazing how beautiful it can be, and also how fast it goes down and becomes dark. I wish there was a way I could make it last longer. That's why I chose this nickname.

Paintings of the sun setting have always been my favorites. I have one on my wall, not far from my computer. I'm sure you treasure your grandmother's paintings, and it's a shame you can't share one with us. Painting is a talent I envy, but something I just can't do. I'm doing good to stay in the lines in a coloring book. lol

Please take care and remember that we will be right here for you when you come back. You are missed.

Rest and get well please. I will check the board off and on for your next post. I'm not sure how far we are into the 32 hours right now. lol

Hugs and Prayers...LS
Helpful - 0
I've been reading and reading your post.   Sometimes they are way way over my head... it's easy to see you are a very, very deep person.

Truly, I don't know your story, and I suppose I don't need to know... I only wish there was some way I could help you.

I guess Sunday holds some significance on telling your usage and pill plight...

Can I ask you... is there any way you can seek the professional help of your Dr. to get out of your mess?   Any professional...maybe even a Social worker ... anyone who can understand?

Sometimes our individual problems seem bigger than life, but when we have someone next to us who can truly help or listen and understands it makes it a bit easier to muddle through sorting the whole thing out.

One day at a time, one step at a time.   We all deserve to be free of drug abuse.  I wish you well

Gip
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.