Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Question about dreams

Day 6 one more to a week  used for 5 years, most being in the past 3  120 hydros, gone in a weeks time......Now im C/t 6 days

Anyone constantly have vivid dreams at night along with sweating from the legs and arms?

These dreams are contantly about drugs over and over again. Me trying to find them, buy them, and when i get them i lose them in the dream. I dont even crave them really to much during the day.

These dreams are making what sleep i get terrible. I wake up after every dream, they last one hour each and it annoying....

Well if anyone else went through any like this please post

Thanks
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Absolutely, just like the line s " as sugar plums dance in their heads" The pills dance in mine. Im always having dreams that either I cant get them or I have tousands of them and life is great. Either way it is the worst to wake up from.
Helpful - 0
I think we all dream about drugs Iv beenoff methadone for 3mnths and 6days pills for 4yrs and my dreams are worse than ever I even dream of stuff I dont do and weird dreams about killing people. at nite I take 2 xanax and tylenol pm only sleep about 2hrs maybe 3 but not good sleep my husband has threatend me w/the guest room! he says I toss all nite and talk in my sleep wich I never did before. you are doing something good but the price sucks!
Helpful - 0
I don't remember dreams... but I do wake up in the middle of the night from profuse sweating... and the feeling of "dread" as I wake up is leaving... and I'm up getting changed.  That's how bad the sweating is.. it's horrible.

Three weeks for me.  C/T...Vics   I have to say... it IS getting better.  But I'm still not "just right" yet.   The drenching sweats are the worst.  They too are getting better...but I'm still there.

Gip
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
I'm at 19 months and 5 days 100% clean and sober, but I still have VERY vivid "using dreams."  Actually, they are rarely about the act of using, they tend to focus on a) being just about to use or b) knowing that I just used and wanting to use more, without being able to recall the actual use.

The farther I get from my last use, the more these dreams seems to provide a window into the insanity of active addiction.  Likewise, they provide a frequently painful picture of the mindset of deceit and isolation that is always present in active addiction.  In my dreams I immediately switch back to the defensive behavior and automatic lying that had almost come to define me.  As one addict in Recovery once told me: "Dogs bark, fish swim, addicts lie."

I no longer worry about WHY I have using dreams - I have them because I'm an alcoholic and a drug addict.  They don't scare me anymore as being a prophecy of relapse - when I was a kid I used to dream that I got on the school bus with no pants, but that never happened.  But they do remind me that I have an incurable, relentlessy progressive disease, which will be fatal if I don't keep it locked in remission.

CATUF
Helpful - 0
Firstly, it's nice to see someone here with Healthy Recovery at their side.

My recovery is tenuous at best... I'm clean for 3 weeks... but still going through PAWS big time.   As I said in an earlier post... one pill would be too much 100 would not be enough.

I never drank... just wasn't ever a good feeling for me.  Not that I won't have a drink... I will have a cocktail once in a while like a bloody mary before dinner... I just don't like what alcohol does to me.   If I never had another drink in my life the thoughts of that wouldn't bother me.

When I thought I could go C/T from Xanax... after w/d from Vics.. that night of anxiety was awful and I drank some wine.. ewwwwwwwww ... just made everything worse.   I had no idea at the time that Benzos could do that kind of damage.  Those feelings were debhilitating ... horrible..horrible.  My useage was never more than 2.5 mgs a day... but I did use them to help w/d from the Vics and was using them randomly for about 6 months to help with anxiety... FROM THE VICS.

I'm down to 1.5mgs a day... soon this will be over as well.   I can handle the physical symptoms of W/D much better than the anxiety part.  It's overwhelming to me.

This forum can really benefit from somoene who is so strongly into recovery.

Thanks
Gip
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
PAWS is a bear!  I had no knowledge of it when I was trying to do it on my own back in late 2002, with only the help of this forum.  The first time I got the PAWS message was at my first rehab - only then did I understand why I kept falling off my wagon between 30 and 60 days (usually closer to 30).

I still note the effect of PAWS - nothing like it was during the first few months, but every 6 to 8 weeks I note a dip in my recovery.  My metaphor for it is that my recovery comes in quanta or steps, and every time I'm ready to take that next small leap my disease tries to hang on to me.  It somehow KNOWS that I'm moving further away it it wants to keep its claws in me.  

Gotta run, back later.

CATUF
Helpful - 0
How are you doing today? those dreams are the worst I would dream I was eating pills like MMs yum lol hows the anxiety today?
Helpful - 0
i too dream about drugs ALOT. i dream of going out to buy heroin or being at a drug party and buying the heroin..the dream will get as far as setting up with my spoon n syringe n im ready to shoot up, but as soon as the syring in about to touch my skin i wake rite up in a sweat and im craving realy bad! n i just lay there thinkn "why am i dreaming that" i guess its normal cuz drugz hav become such a big part of our lives and n most cases our lives revolve around the drugs. im clean but still dream about it!
Helpful - 0
im ok, i havnt been craving dope at all since my last lapse on january 4th..wich is great cuz i usualy crave daily lol. i got my script of xanax so my anxiety is to a minimum..so how you doin today?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.