Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Newbie. Have a big problem and terrified

Hi.  This is the first time I have posted and actually acknowledged the fact that I have a drug abuse problem.  I am addicted to Valium.  I take approx 50mg yes that's right 5 of the little blue pills each 10 mg  every evening.  I have to get myself off them, but I am not sure where to start.  Do I just stop suddenly??  I am so unsure what to do.  I have been taking them now for 3 years.  My local doc just gives them to me without a problem, but I have to stop.  He is not the kind of Doc I can talk to - he would be the type to just say OK fine no more and thats it.  I need help - please
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There is not a way around w/d even at a taper but may not be as bad if you are ready to do this you can some one has posted a taper schedule look it up on the postings we are here and ready to help!
Helpful - 0
you may need to taper if you cant talk to the dr, why are you taking them? read through the other posts tons of great people here lots of support only been posting 4 days but have been clean for3mnths I went c/t but mine was methadone, but did have a problem w/xanax and pills before that good luck and keep posting
Helpful - 0
I was dx with Multiple Sclerosis 6 years ago, and that started the ball rolling.  The Doc thought that stress and MS can make it worse, but now I'm in a worse than ever situation.  I have been reading the archives about coming off valium - and I realise that the side effects can be awful.  So I'm in a catch 22 situation.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.