Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

SO SORRY

You know after reading about others, people probably read my problem and laugh...I don't blame you. Wow to read about what others are going through makes me sad to hear. My problem is so much smaller then everyone elses...I'm sorry if I offended everyone by feeling sorry for myself. There are so many more going through so much more. Sorry again for wasting your time..from possibly helping others with there bigger problems. My little codeine and gravol addiction is NOTHING compared to what you all are going through. You all are so strong for wanting to stop.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Don't down play what you are going through. If you have only been using for a short peroid of time then thank god you have stopped now. The differance between a person that takes 15 vics a day and a person who takes 5 80mg oxys a day is only time. If you keep going you would have been right with us. Thank god you have stopped now!
Helpful - 0
NO NO NO.... don't feel that way.  Your problem is as big to you as anyone else's problem is to them.

That's what this forum is all about.   You are here for help and it's a step in the right direction.

Don't assume that ppls drugs are bigger than yours... gawd I was in baby doses compared to some of the usage I read...but withdarwing from what I was using hurt just the same.

Please don't be apologizing to anyone.   Someone else who has had a hard time can help you... and they also help themselves as a result of helping you.

You found your way here for a reason... give someone an opportunity to give what they took... and give it away to you.. everyone wins

Gip
Helpful - 0
I know but wow the stories I have read are crazy compared to mine. I'm still taking the pills everyday...I did today already...bout 10 t1's so far,probably 15t1's and 10 gravol tonight to. Its so hard to not do it when theres a person right next to you doing the same thing. I want to quit but I'm scared in the way ill act if I do...Im a stay at home mom and its me and my kids all day and I dont want them to see any change in their mommy. I live in the country which doesnt help cause there knowwhere or knowone to talk to..Why not sit here and feel stoned all day...nothing else to do...I need to stop and I want to stop but I dont want anyone to suffer from it. If I dont stop we all will suffer in the end...I dont know how what or when...thats why I want to see and here from people what will happen and what I can expect. I would rather go through labor again...then to go through what I'm about to face...I'm scared and worried thats all
Helpful - 0
CM, your young arn't you. Your problem is just as important as anyone elses, don't downplay. You say people look up to you use that and try to start looking at yourself in the same light. Its not easy to quit no matter what the dosage, but you sound like you want to do it. People here have been alot of help for me, stick with it.
Helpful - 0
I could pop in again for a minute while babe is sleeping and toddler involved in an art project.  I just wanted to say to this post,  YOUR FEELINGS ARE IMPORTANT.  NO MATTER WHAT, you are a hugely important human being to many people, most you might not realize.  Your a son,(or daughter) friend, coworker, perhaps parent?, neighbor, and all of your feelings are totally valid.  I have a huge problem too, HUGE, maybe not huge to others, but to me.  You are important!
Helpful - 0
DO NOT be sorry there is differnt degrees of useage for every one Im sorry if I sounded like yours was little no it isnt the difference is time no one plans on taking more then they shoul but thats addiction w/anything shopping sex, what ever and you are not wastingany ones time trying to help others does make me feel alittle better when having a bad day like today we are here for you and you can do this!
Helpful - 0
thank you everyone at least I know I'm not the only one going through this....Thanx again
Helpful - 0
This may sound harsh but its true. Your kids seeing their mom sick for 7 days is a lot better than seeing their mom DEAD! I have had 2 friends die in their sleep for doing exactly what we are doing. It could end at any time! Get honest with the people in your life cuz I think you would be amazed at how they will react. I wish you the best cuz I am sure your kids love you and need you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.