Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

CHEM..*PLEASE READ* i have a question for you...

as you know im on methodone for 4yrs now. my question is, when you were on it did you still have cravings? cuz no matter what dose im on i crave REALY BAD! iv been as high as 120mgs and was still craving ALOT. im at 65mgs presantly n im not craving too bad at the moment but most of the time the cravings are so bad it just overwhelmes me. shouldnt the methodone stop the cravings?? im going to be on SUBUTEX soon to get off methodone but i just wanted to ask you that. &name=criminal
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
iv 6 feet tall and my NORMAL weight is 180 pounds. but since starting the methodone iv gained OVER 30 pounds. i currently weight 212 pounds. at one point i went up to 230 pounds but started exorsising and have dropped to 212 pounds now. besides that i hada have 2 back teeth pulled and my liver in damaged and creating double n tripple the "normal" levals of a healthy liver. they told me i have liver disease..(even though i tested negative for HEP-A,B and C) so they dont know wats wrong with my liver yet
Helpful - 0
YES I did still crave until I got too about 2oo or so then not so bad after that after 250 was to high too care your clinc is not helping you I think you told me you were still ussing for 1year or so w/ methadone if your dose isnt high enough it will not continue to work as well so get off the ****! I am having cravings bad w/ out but will do hpoe yous feeling ok today I will be on a little while now and more later kid home and shes acomputer hog!
Helpful - 0
I know how you feelthe methadone has taken a hell of toll on my body as well. have you gained weight? and my kidneys are having a few promblems of they told me it was not the meth I dont believe them at all they also told me I would die if I went c/t sure felt like I was going too lol at least you can try the subtutox and I hope it works!!!!
Helpful - 0
i know i need to get off the methodone but i am so scared of the withdrawals! i have detoxed fully from oxycontin, heroin, and methodone...but NOTHING has ever made me as sick as the methodone did!  like i said..i see my doctor thursday to get Subutex, so im gona try that road first, and slowly taper down from it. hopfuly this will be my last detox cuz my body n mind cant take much more after 9 years of this.
Helpful - 0
I will have to find the link for you but there are many people who believe cold turky is the only way to go. I have gotton clean many times in 10 years and tapering has never worked for me. Your body and mind fixes its self much quicker when you c/t. Thats just what I have read from docs.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.