Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

completed day one

i just got through day one and really feeling okay i think by tapering it really helps because i felt the withdrawal two days ago but nothing strong.  i read on another site that fo hydro users we should take 2 imodium pills for every 10mg, here i'll just copy and  paste it...

"imodium Ad, its a non-euphoric opiate, that helps a ton with withdrawl symtoms. Its acually a anti-diarreha medication, depending on how much hydro mg's you take a day depends on how much immodium you take. Every 10mg of hydro take 2 imodium. It seems like alot but its ok. Some people need 24 a day. Wont hurt you, and honestly wont constpiate you more than hydro does. Just drink plenty of water and fiber. These make you feel normal and cut almost 85% of the w.d symptoms. Make sure you have a sleep aid to help sleep at night, like tylonol PM or Ambien."

i'm going out today to try and get some imodium.  vitamin b6 and red bull drinks for energy. plus some tylonol pm.  

anything else i should add to my shopping list?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Try the "simply sleep" by tylenol..it has no tylenol in it, just the sleep aid..give your liver a break from all the acetominophen (tylenol) that you have been taking in with the hydrocodone.
Helpful - 0
Yes soup that was the only thing I could eat. I use tylenol pm also w/ 2 xanax at nite and sometime a hit or 2 of hooch lol your doing it buddy! hugs to you
Helpful - 0
Yeah simply sleep works great.It costs about $* for 100 pills at wal-mart,but IT IS worth it.in my prayers.lol
Helpful - 0
I have trouble sleeping when going through WDs. Lunesta, Ambien CR, etc.. nothing fixes the insomnia completely. Those meds help me fall asleep, but not stay asleep. I typically wake up within 2 hours and start waking frequently there after (though the prescript sleep aids do tend to double the amount of sleep time).

I have found that Melatonin works wonders. It's that magic substance that I take, if I wake up fully alert at 4:30AM on a work day and need to get more sleep. I take the med, it helps me get back to sleep relatively quickly, and it has no groggy effects when I wake up.

Who knows, maybe it is a placebo more then anything, but I'd rather take that, then the Soma's I use to take 6 months ago.

On a side note - Immodium didn't seem to help me with anything but diahrea - but that's just for me, it may be worth giving it a shot. Worse case scenerio - you wont be in the bathroom as often. :)
Helpful - 0
The diarrhea was annoying but I looked at it like this..it was my body getting all that **** and toxins from the pills out of my system..then it seemed more like a positive thing for me..just be sure to replace those fluids with lots of water and even vitamin water type drinks...be strong, youre doing great, do u know how strong u are to be able to do this..its not easy; but youre doing it !!!
Helpful - 0
You're doing great, and at least you know it gets better. Its probably just my experience, but I found whenever I was going through w/d, there was no "mirace fix" for anything. You can count on discomfort, pain, and problems. Your body has been enduring poison for a long time, and it needs to heal. The thing is, maybe another part of this is that someone's trying to teach us a lesson, that hopefully the pain prevents us from repeating our mistake. Its the hardest thing I've ever done, but so far the best. I know I am more confidentn now that I know I am strong enough to avoid succumbing to my addiction. The best part is that the pain eases, and we get a chance to focus on what's really important: healing our minds, getting support and love, and hopefully leaving behind a life filled with secrecy and regret. Love and Prayers to you all!
Helpful - 0
Youre exactly right..the hardest thing I ever, ever, ever had to do.
Helpful - 0
i used to buy hydro online from a doctor and phar in tampa florida.  plus got my hydro here from my doc.  the one in tampa can no longer ship to ky.  but  it really may be a good thing since i was getting 90 watson tablets here for $40.00 but in tampa for 120 tablets it costed my $190 plus $90 for the phone consult.  i have been paying that every month for 3 years, thats $6840.00 i have spent just on the pills.  shut that is alot to just throw away.  imagine now what i can do with that.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.