Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Decision Made But So Scared

Well I have decided to taper myself off of the oxy's. I havent told hubby cause he wont let me. He has seen me sick before with w/d's and took me to emerg. I know what to expect, but dont know for how long (Taking 5- 20 mg of oxycotins at a time 3-4 times a day) Sitting here reading everyday has made me come to this decision of tapering, if others can get through it i guess i can try too. And I do mean try but ohhhh so scared.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Saw your post, and just wondering how you are doing?  I hope everything is going well for you.  We are praying for you.  Hang in there, and B strong!!  U CAN do it!!
Helpful - 0
I totally understand - my hubby was the same way.  It kills some men to see their wives suffer in any way, when they feel they can prevent it.  I think it brings extra challenge, when someone in the house loves you, is using themselves, and is so very very willing to give you pills when you are trying to quit.  

I know you can do this, though.  For me, tapering down to 4 per day was not terribly hard, then I quit, which was harder and did involve w/d (but not as bad as when I w/d off ten per day).  

Maybe you could set a goal to reduce to a certain number within a certain timeframe; when you meet that goal, then you can decide to reduce even further or quit from there?

Helpful - 0
You go!!! You know what to expect.  I have read some good advise from this board.  Keep reading and god bless you and the rest. stay strong
Helpful - 0
All you can do is try.I mean you will never know unless you do.I know you can do it.All of us here are stronger than we realize,I believe the pills trick us into thinking we are weak,they like it when they can get a hold on us,I am here for you,WE ALL are.hang in there you can do it.in my thoughts and prayers.lol.
DENISE
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.