Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 5 and feeling very bad!

It's amazing how when you have gone many days without the pills you start to feel the pain from all the **** we have done to people who love us! The lies catch up with us!
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I wish I could give you some good news on the leg pain.  Nothing in the world is worse.  I have missed work because I felt like I could not even stand on my feet l
long enought to do my job.  
I have read that the Thompson receipe has helped some.
Here it is copied form another website:

This recipe is designed for cold turkey opiate detox. It assumes that you can get about 5 to 7 days away from your job or household responsibilities during which you can sleep, veg and act as miserable as you feel. Opiate WD mimics the symptoms of the common flu, so, if you need a smokescreen, hide behind a bad case of the flu.

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper and Magnesium.

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

With breakfast, take the mineral supplement.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.
Helpful - 0
Yea... it starts to pound on your integrity level.  I know ... I'm going through it too.

The only thing that is helping me work through that is "living for the moment"... you can't take yesterday back....but you sure can make today better than yesterday...If that makes any sense at all.

It's never too late Tim.. keep your chin up.. I'v read you have a lot on your plate.  Going back to pills is not going to make that go away....yer fighting for everything right now.   It will and does get better.

Gip
Helpful - 0
thanks
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
I think I speak for every1 when I say, we ALL go through our moment of Shame. You WILL come out the other side. Shame although is something I am convinced you should let go of...if you can.
For me, I DID all those things due to trying to keep up with my addiction...once that is gone, you ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON!!
I know it is day 5, and you are feeling like s**t, but there in lies an amazing feat! Dude, 5 days is HELL, and you are only going through the healing process. Unfortunately while you heal, you realize some things to. Don't beat yourself up, and don't think for one second that a pill will help BECAUSE IT WON'T!
You have come this far, and the struggle is long and tough, I KNOW. Let your body heal, you can take care of the rest later when your mind is crisper.
Stay strong, you WILL beat this.
Lisa
Helpful - 0
I think it all the emotions that we dont feel when we are high, my husband told me he was happy to see me cry for 7yrs I was like a flat line and didnt care either way and yes every thing I have done in the past feels like yesterday to me 5days is great just keep your new future in mind, hugs
Helpful - 0
I once heard a wise man say "A mistake IS worth making IF we learn from it,If we never made mistakes we wouldn't know how to make things right."Maybe that will help.The simple fact that you feel bad about,goes to show you that you are a good hearted person.or you wouldn't give it a second thought.LOL.
DENISE
Helpful - 0
Hey shame is good. It leads to that other thing: forgiveness. Both self and others.
Helpful - 0
Day 5-When is the pain in my legs and feet going to go away and when am I going to ever get a good night's sleep?
Helpful - 0
sleep will come once yuor body realizes you aren't going to give in and get it what it is so used too.....small price to pay for the light at the end of the tunnel but well worth it.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.