Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day One!!! Nefesh/vicadict/talltim Thanks

The only thing I have on my mind in vicatin.  I have checked every drawer, purse, cabinet, that may have ONE I can take.  Glad they were all empty.  NO LUCK.  So here i am.  Unbeleiveably telling you finally this is DAY ONE!

It feels weird, and my mind is playing tricks on me.  Just cant do ANYTHING.  No ambition etc.  but mostly fighting the mind.

If you think you can, if you think you can't, you are right. Henry Ford, Ithink.  I keep it as my mantra today.

Feel like ****.  so much that my mind is telling me to pick up the phone.  get more. get back to NORMAL (ha).  

All I'm looking at is not making that phone call today.  That is my goal.  I will not get more today.
This sucks!!!!!!!!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ya it does suck, but keep posting all day long if you have to.
Helpful - 0
i'm in the same boat, been awake since thurs
   sure hoe it stops
Helpful - 0
I actually started crying and said to myself what if I have to be on this computer talking to freinds all day.  And then you said Hey, if you need to post all day do it.  Well, that just lifted me. I know you are the only people in my life that knows my truth.  It is frightening to do this with "stranger" and yet I feel coser to those inthe same situation as me, than I do with anyone else right now.

I will post every freakin minute if that is what it takes today!!!!!!!!!!
Now I am crying, very emotional, very thankful for this place taking out the "BLOCK" in my mind and helping to set me free.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Just wanted to let you know how sorry I that you're going through this...BUT, later you will look back and know that it was worth all of the bad feelings and w/d won't last forever. I'm not trying to make what you're going through seem easy. That's the last thing I would do. W/d is horrible and I wish there was a way I could make it easier for you, but I can't.

I'm glad you're taking the advice given to you about posting. I look for your posts so I can see how you're doing through this. I'm here pulling for you.

Take Care......LS
Helpful - 0
It will get better..just hold on to that.  The next few days will be rough; but they will get better.  I am almost 2 weeks and I am pretty much normal; just a lil depression now and then but nothing that life-threatning.  I remember just letting myself go thru it the first few days.  I stayed in bed and just went thru it.  After about 4 days I made myself go back to work.  I told myself no matter how I felt I was going to get back to life; and it helped to keep busy.  But, the first few days dont expect too much from yourself; always remember tho that it WILL pass.
Helpful - 0
You may look at my post above to monkeyswife (be SURE TO READ HER POST).I let myself down and I let you down.  I wll not lie about it.  This is the only forum to be comepletly honest.  That is my promise today. Just to be honest that I failed.  I am guilty and I thank you for having faith in me today.  Sorry to let you down.  Tomorrow?  I just am too guilty to think about it.
Peace
Helpful - 0
Yes, this is just horrible. It sucks so bad. But, you can do this. It will be so much better very soon. I c/t and have been clean now for 15 days. My life is so much better. I will NEVER do this to my body, mind, soul or my family ever again. It is so hard. Just think in a few days you will be over the hardest part of it and be done. Then you will think like I am boy I will never put myself through that again. You hang in there. You are in the worst of it now... Hold on don't give up or give in. That is what you body is trying to get your mind to do give in... Don't let it win sweetie. I will check back and see how you are. Post if you need ANYTHING. With prayers, help, love and most of all support, Heather
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.