Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

day three, -codone free starts in 5, 4, 3, 2...

1!  well after tapering down to a decent jumping off point.  it became apparent to me that it was time to do away with these nasty little things. i am at the beginning of my 72nd hour and honestly, it isn't that bad...i feel fortunate for that.  for those thinking about quitting, or who are constantly going back and forth with "this is the last script i will pick up and then i will start to taper...or quit."  make now the time.  a few days of struggle is good for the soul, good for your liver and health in general.  i wish you all the best in your journey -- as with me, i am sure it will not be an easy road -- but what really worth having is?  thanks for all the inspiration this board has provided and to those in the middle of the struggle...keep the faith and lean on the good folks here who have "been there - done that."
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
175363 tn?1200946321
Great going!!!
I was late getting symptoms. I swear that's why it held onto me for a week. I'm not saying that is whats going on with you, I was just surprised at myself. Let me know how it goes for you...
Remember we are all fighting here.
I'm on Day 22 clean from Methadone. I'm really doing well, and have enoyed my long weekend with my family. My Colts won and ply the Patriots this weekend!! YAY!!
Lisa
Helpful - 0
i am glad you are feeling so well and that the colts beat the dreaded ravens.  make no mistake...i ain't in top form.  lots 'o' immodium, not sleepin' much...pretty much the standard syptoms...but i think i was ready for them and as i said, they are going to come and go on their schedule not mine.  all here have played a part in letting go of these things.  keep on keepin' on...and i will be routing for both you and your football team!  be well.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
I am here for you, as always.
Be well...Keep holdin on, you can make it!
Lisa
Helpful - 0
Congrats!!! Keep up the good work!! I'm here for you all, you too!! It's amazing how a group of people who never met and probaly never will meet, are so helpful!!!! It's God's work, and he's doing  it on all of us, and that's why we're here!!! Keep up the good work!!!! Let me know how your feeling :)
Sincerely, strictly me
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
yes indeedy!  way to go adman!  have you been able to function normally during this time?  you been doing what you usually do, more or less, or have you had to take some time out for the get-out??   yo definitely right - anything really worth it, is worth sacraficing for...  how do we know all this truth and still wind up wacked out on our various demon doses???  I guess I really know, but it always amazes (sadly) anew...    all the best...            Nefesh
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.