Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I posted earlier this week that I had relapsed

I was going on day six when I bought ten Percs on Friday morning.  I have three and a half left and have been taking about 2-3 halves per day.  I want to taper off of these and quit forever.  Will I go through w/d's again after only halves at a time?  Looks like I will be starting over on Wednesday or Thursday.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Unfortuneately... or bodies don't know the difference with pain killers.   Yes... we will not suffer pain while we take them.

But... even if you take pills for legit pain for any length of time... Months...for some...years for others...weeks for some...we will experience w/d after we stop.  It's the affect of the pills and the elimination of the opiates.

Say you had a surgery... get Rx'd a script ... for like 2 weeks... take them as prescribed... then stop... boom yer outta of them...probably a bit tired after you stop but no real w/d w/the exception that maybe the constipation will stop.

Even w/pain, after long term usage...we'll go through w/d.  And that's just taking as many as we are Rx'd.

Dependency on them happens over time.   I was using them for 5 years... and I found ways to abuse them... like saving my daily alottment if I needed to do something at night... then just double up.   Or taking more one day and less the next.   Then over time...our bodies get used to the prescribed amount and in between doses we can experience mini-withdrawals.   Only because we need more of the stuff to do the same thing it did when we first started taking them.  

The pain we are in...does NOT absorb the symptoms of going through w/d if anyone is taking them daily for a long period of time.   We are all different.   However, long term usage of these babies... whether Vics or Oxys, produce the same affect...we eventually just need more and more and the pills do less and less.. and we need more.

I bet not one of us here, who learned how to abuse these, has not run out of an RX early?   We all get scared about what's going to happen WE ARE OUT OF PILLS.  One big viscious circle.

Anyone who has found their way here, knows there is a problem w/these pills... and that's here has started to being AWARE... anyone who found their way here, faltering or trying to stop is on their way to getting better.  Determination and being ready is the bumpy road to the other side.

XoXo
Gip
Helpful - 0
Usually if you take them as perscribed and are really using them for pain, you don't have w/d's at all! But pick yourself up and try again, you can do it, your gonna fall sometimes, just don't lay there helpless!!! We are all here for  you, I slipped yesterday without really knowing that I did, I took a methadone pill to stop the temptations and urges i was so terribly seeming to have, i was told that they helped you get off of pills, apparently the pill is worse then percocets, which I guess common sense should've told me that it was strong, because of the famous meth" program for herion addicts I believe, stick in there, you slipped, now pick yourself up and do it over, just like learing to ride a bike don't give up, if you want it bad enough you'll be pedaling on that bike down your road of success!!!
PeAcE...StRiCtLy Me
Helpful - 0
You can do it! :)

Cravings are hard, some people work on something else to get their mind elsewhere... me, my brain just becomes obsessed. Worse part is, I'll start feeling like my neck is getting really soar, and I find myself thinking if I had a pill I'd feel better. Then I realize it's not the type of pain I need to take pills for. The times I /need/ my meds, my neck REALLY lets me know.

It's odd how often your subconscious and conscious minds will butt heads with each other.
Helpful - 0
It is SOOOOOO hard.  I feel so good when I am using and SOOO bad when I am not.  Will it ever get better?  After six days I was feeling better, but the cravings got me.  AFter I relapsed, I felt so good physically, but so guilty.  It is a vicious circle.  I just hope to end it for good this week.
Helpful - 0
I know.  I get the "neck thing" also.  That is really weird.  One pill really cures it though.  I hope I am done this time.  

Thanks for all of your support.  I needed it.
Helpful - 0
Hey, you will go through w/d again. There is no way around that. But, the good news it more then likely wont be as bad. Stay strong you can do this. Heather
Helpful - 0
Personal experience - went 1 week without. Took a few Vics on day 7-8. Felt fine the next day, didn't take anything that AM. By noon I started to WD again. Granted, it wasn't as harsh as when I first went through, but bad enough that I just gave up and took every day again.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.