Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

My husband just left me.I am so upset!!!!!

My husband just left me aqnd i have no idea what brought it on,I am so sad and can't stop crying,I have NO ONE to talk to?Any advice on how I can calm down a little without relapsing?

all my love to you guys for everything.
DENISE
38 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
149087 tn?1258453820
OMG Denise. Are you going to be ok?? Do you have any anxiety medicine you can take? If not get your butt to the drug store and get some valerian root, or extract. It will help some. I feel your pain sweety. It has happened to me several times, and I know how painful it is. Try to stay strong. I know easier said than done. Do not let this ruin your recovery...Please. It may feel like the end of the world right now, but you can and will make it through this. Look at the new family you have right here, any time of day that you need us, someone is always here.

If you need to talk you can get me on yahoo messenger under this same screen name. I am online now if you need me. Take care please, and do something to get your mind off of things right now.
Helpful - 0
Would that be ***@**** ?
Helpful - 0
Didn't you just find out you were pregnant or was that someone else.
Helpful - 0
Man, I am so sorry sweetie. Be strong you don't want to get yourself so worked up right now. Calm down. Don't do anything crazy sweetheart. You have been throughout so much and I would hate to see you relapse. Just remember what you just went through and how you NEVER want to feel all these ways ever again. Get yourself better and then you can work on all these other things. Day 4, 5 6 and 7 were very emotional for me and a lot of others. Stay strong. You can do this. Take a deep breath. Take a hot shower then try and take a nap... Everything happiness for a reason. EVERYTHING!!! After you get yourself back then he will see. I bet on that. He knows you are low right now. I am here for you.... XOXO, Heather
Helpful - 0
Yeah I did just find out I was pregnant sunday.I am going to try and be strong but it is SOOOOOO hard.I miss him already.
Helpful - 0
149087 tn?1258453820
Yes hun ***@****
Helpful - 0
HUn..I am soo sooo sorry. Try and calm down...just try and relax. Not only for yourself but for baby too, please. I am sure it will all work out. How long you been married? ANy other children?
Just try and relax, easier said than done but try and stay calm..and it will all get figured out. Please...and do keep us posted hun.

We are all here for you.

Tracy
Helpful - 0
My husband also left me a few years ago.  I stood in the driveway and begged him, on my knees, to stay and work it out.  I am still not over the shock.  But one thing I know, you have friends here, and I am so glad so many people have reached out to you.  

I was lost.  But it does get better and I found out that sometimes life just doesn't go as we planned it.  But maybe the bigger plan is better?  if we let it happen.  

My lesson learned was this.  Don't be dissapointed with people you love when they do not live up to your expectations.  People rarely are what WE want them to be, only who they really are.

I am feeling your pain.  I thought I could work out anything with my husband, it just ended so abruptly, in love with another woman.  

Please know we are here for you and there are so many (as you know who have given their personal info to give you more support) well all I can say is this is the BEST group of people to be supporting you.  
My prayers and Love   Creek
Helpful - 0
I was married 7 years on 11/23/06.i don't have any other kids.I was expecting once before but it ended in miscarriage.It wasn't meant to be,I guess.Thank you for your kind words!!
all my love to you
DENISE-shorty
Helpful - 0
I am sorry to hear that about your husband.Thank you for caring.i will try and calm down,it is hard though,I miss him already and I KNOW tonight is going to be rough.
all my love to you
DENISE-shorty.
Helpful - 0
Well hun that is a very very long time. Maybe he is just having something he is dealing with? I wish I could say for sure hun. Does he know of your drug usage? Does he know about the forum?

Just wondering....and he didn't say anything to you? he just left? Do you know for sure he has "left you" or has left for a while to calm down hun?

Helpful - 0
He knows about everything!!! he said "I am tired of the way things are" and said he was leaving to stay with his mom.That I had until FEB. 1st to be moved out.OHHHHHHHHH!
I am frustrated.

If ANY of you guys pray please say a prayer for me and my husband.

Helpful - 0
Aww hun..well like I said you have been married for 7 years. That is a long time. Maybe he just needs time to cope too. I feel for you though, this is not what you need right now. But remain focused...I am sure he loves you and is just blowing off some of his own steam sweety.

How are you doing with your recovery?
Helpful - 0
Could it be that he's freaked about  you being pregnant.  I mean the timing is really weird.  How did he take it when you told him.   I wouldn't get too stressed.  You've got a baby coming he's not gone for long.
Helpful - 0
I wish one of you lived close enough that we could talk on the phone w/o it being long distance.I don't like typing,I am noy good at it!I live next to "The Carpet Capital Of The World"
oh well that is how it goes.I enjoy this site though,don't get me wrong,you all are my friends,I worry about you as if you were family/
Helpful - 0
Yeah it might be that he is blowing off steam.I still haven't took any meds other than my normal for my lupus.i haven't used,I am thinking about the baby,I don;t want to do anything to hurt it!!!He seemed to take it ok,I think he is just worried about me and money.thanksXOXOXO
Helpful - 0
Well hun..keep us posted ok? And U worry about you and baby for now!!! Please.

Will be thinking of you and sending prayers your way!!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
Dalton Ga.
Helpful - 0
I did not want you to think I did nt care,Im sorry that he left but have to agree w/ others he may just need a little break he will come back sometimes if money is an issue it takes men time to work stuff out what state are you in ?
Helpful - 0
Wow, that is quite the load you are carrying now my friend.  I read Creeks post up a little on the forum, and she survived and sounds like giving great advice and helping others too.  I think maybe he is trying to force your hand or something.  Maybe wants to be very sure you are serious about quitting the drug use and probably scared for the baby, scared for you and scared himself.  Men don't like to admit that and I think that is why they leave.  I sure hope he has a change of heart and realizes what he is doing.  It sounds like your really love him and honey, that isn't the easiest thing to find in somebody these days.  He should consider himself lucky.  Hang in there and be strong.  We all love and care for you.  I haven't posted in awhile, but your story touched me and I had to say something to help support you and let you know we are all here for you.
Sending a big hug  XXXX
Helpful - 0
I know this is not as bad but my girlfriend of one year broke it off yesterday! All the lies caught up with me. I love her a lot but I sure didn't act like it. I am very sad but maybe this will be the thing that saves my and your life. We put the people who love us through hale and don't even know it until the pills go away! I am sorry, we have to work for ourselfs cuz no one can do this but us!
Helpful - 0
Denise-
I've always only been a reader until I read your post. I feel for you and everything you are dealing with right now. My husband walked out on me and thats what made me start using. So keep up the good work you will think much clearer w/o the drugs.

Now for my little bit of advice. Let him go........the less you try and contact him and put presure on him the more likely he will be back. Let him go off to his soft place to fall (mommys house) and you sit back and relax he'll be back. The less contact you make the better. He wants you to beg. Dont.

jenn
Helpful - 0
I will keep everyone posted.Thank you
Helpful - 0
It's been quite a week for you.

Stopping Pills

Positive Pregnancy Result

Now Hubby.

WOW!   You must be in anxiety overload, and that can't be helping that little life you just started.

I don't have words to say to try to help you.  Do you have a family member you can go to, just to help coddle you through all this to get the worst of it better, until you have time to think a bit.

Your husband can't throw you out of the house.  You've been married for 7 + years... it's your house too.

Your are coming out of substance with drawal, you need to hold on to something.   A sister?  Mother?   Just to give you some time to hold onto some sanity while you figure everything out.

Anyone who would walk out on you just finding out your pregnant...WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER W/HIM.

Of course there must be more to this...we all know that..but it's his BABY TOO....JUST take a day to sit back....try to think rationally, hold on... for heavens sake hold on.... and try to find someone to stay w/you for a few days.

My well wishes, as always
Gip
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.