Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

COLE- RE:RODA

Wow..this is all new to me. Sounds interesting. So are you then inpatient? Like a detox center? I have heard of detox through anastetic. Is this what your doing?

I am really interested in hearing about this.

Thanks.

Tracy
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i watched a documentry on people going under anethesia to do a RAPID detox.  it looked like a VERY violent withdrawal though obviously dont feel it. il admit it was succusful on the patient who was addict to snorting like 5 80mg oxycontin a day. i dont know wat it cost but i remember it was EXPENSIVE! btw im on disability and they only pay for 3 detoxs in a liftime (wich i used up all 3 already) plus another 3 on a different insurance. detoxes are mad expensive its like 2000.00 a day where i went!
Helpful - 0
OMG..no way! OD and end up dead...no way. Already fear that everyday. But..I thought that was what they did when you od'd. I know of a few people who have overdosed and I thought that was what the "detox" meant for them. Gotcha now.

Thanks.
Helpful - 0
Same here, am on disability. But I could never intentionally od on myself.

How are you doing anyhow sweety??? Dr is tomorrow right? I can't wait, I am excited for you!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
omg dont tell people to OD! iv overdoses about 4 times and its no joke! they pump you full of Narcon (an opiate blocker) to pretty much bring you back to life!  then send you off to a detox or duel diagnosis center.  alot of ppl die from od's iv lost friends to it..its nothing to play with
Helpful - 0
a "controled OD" ???
Helpful - 0
Yeah..so do I. Which sucks. I do need them for the pain BUT I overdo because I do like them. Sucks! ALthough I get soo much more done w/o the pain. But I admit..I will take them alot also just for the hell of it. Like if I am in a good mood, like some people grab a beer and go about their business. I would grab a pill.
WOW that detox costs 7gs? WOW. That is not something I can do then. LOL..I doubt insurance would pay for it, although if I were bad enough off maybe through the Dr referral. Is it inpatient then? I assume so huh? I still couldn't do it then either. Have kids here at home. But is very interesting to know about.

Thanks for the info!
Helpful - 0
OMG...I'm sorry but you do not have good advice at all!! For all that you can go to the doctors, and have them perscribe something to you....I went c/t and it is possible. I seen my brother go c/t off of herion (which is way worse the oxys or perks) If you need help, go to God if you don't have the money to go to a detox center, my mother stopped getting high through Jesus Christ (but it does take strength to do so, he only helps those who helps theirselves)
strictly me

P.S. Cole....you complain about what we write, yet you tell people to try and kill theirselves? I don't get it, your right not all people die, but you can't control if you are going to or not? What if someone did what you said and died? OMG would you even feel remourse???
Helpful - 0
yes narcan is the worst maybe worse then the charchol they shove down your throat had 2 ODs onpills and 1 on belladonna wouldnt tell any one to go through that and all three times was never put in detox or rehab so may not work for all and I thought about the rapid detox but they told me w/methadone ther was no gaurentees sorry my spelling sucks today. How are you doing today? dr tomorrow I really hope it works for you methadone is evil! lol
Helpful - 0
149087 tn?1258453820
I can not believe you told her to od. What the hell are you thinking? This is supposed to be a place to help people get off the drug, not to kill themselves with it. Jesus!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.