Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
149087 tn?1258453820

friend is being stupid

Hey I need someones help or advice. I have a neighbor who is also a friend. Well she has a problem with pills, she takes whatever is given to her to try and get a high. Well I am now worried about her. You see I take avinza, its a slow release morphine pill. Well someone gave her some, and she told me that she broke it opened and ate the pellets, or powder, or whatever it is that is in the capsule.

My question is, how bad is this going to hurt her? I have tried and tried to  help her but she doesnt think that she has a problem. I just hope that by her doing that she doesnt od on accident.

If anyone knows the risks please will you tell me, maybe I can scare her into not doing that **** anymore. I dont know what else to do.

Please anyones response is welcome, and thank you in advance.

Aurora
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
instead of it releasing through out day all will be at the same time if she does too many may over dose kinda like when some of us wipe the coating off pills so they kick in quicker just keep an eye on her
Helpful - 0
149087 tn?1258453820
Ok thanks for the quick response. I just cant believe she did that, and I dont know how many she did either. Actually I can believe she did that, she has stolen my pills from me on several occassions, but for some reason I can not just drop her as a friend. I feel like she needs me ya know. I try to talk her through things hoping she will stop and think about things before she does them, but I think shes already faced the fact that shes lost almost everything, including her kids. I just feel so bad for her, even though I know its her own fault for the situation shes in.

I guess I can just either be a sucker, or just too nice at times.
Helpful - 0
no, it just shows you care and has drug addicts we tend to hurt the people who care the most for us , she may just need a reason or hit rock bottom
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.