Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

had a really really bad day and need support

I was moving out of my parents' house two days ago and moving in with my boyfriend, and we were moving furniture when they found two pill bottles. Both my boyfriend and my father know about my trouble with pills, but they didn't know I relapsed a few months ago, and had neglected to get rid of the evidence. Now my parents are so angry, but we don't talk about it(we are the picture of passive agressives). I'm too terrified to bring it up, and so disappointed in myself. I have been off oxycodone and vicodin for two weeks, and  I am doing my best, but all I've done in the past is still catching up to me. How do I move forward when the past is always catching up to me?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
175363 tn?1200946321
It's been almost a month since I quit. Just now starting to feel more like I was before I started on that road to destruction.
Lisa
Helpful - 0
The realization that we have done something wrong in life is pretty hard...admission of failure or wrong doing is probaly one of the hardest things you will do. Not becuase saying I am an addict or I have done so and so is hard to mutter, but the realization that ALL actions whether good or bad have consequences is what bites you in the rear. Maybe those close to you will look at you with a judging eye, maybe you will loose some of their trust, but the reward of living a life not burdened with this demon is well worth it. The weight of living a deceptive life eats and eats at you and could even lead you back to where you are trying not to be....Trust can be regained. Judgements can change, faith and love will prevail and honosty will help you reach your goal alot faster........

Good luck
Helpful - 0
Thanks I surly need all the prayers that i can get.
How long did it take for you to feel close to normal?
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Amen and well said.
First time, huh?
You are a good speaker (typer...)
Day 5. Shoo, I'm glad I'm through that! That was a bad one for me. I'm almost a month clean from Methadone. I am REALLY feeling quite good.
I will pray for you.
Lisa
Helpful - 0
This is my frist time posting. I am working on day 5. I have taken Hydrocodone and oxycodone for 3 1/2 years due to back and leg pain. I resently had my 5th sugery (Dec. 06). This sugery has reduced my pain tremendously. I tapered back for 2 weeks and then went cold turkey. This has been a very tough time for me. I admire you for going two weeks so far. I wish that I was that far along. You should be very proud of yorrself for acheiveing this goal. As to your family you should be honest and also be presistant with your resolve and show the nay sayers that you are commited to living without the ball and chain of a drug addition. You should also be honest with yourself as to  why you are quiting and why you relasped before.
The bottom line is that you can't do this for anyone else but yourself. That is the only way for you to be sucessfull and remain clean.
You will be in my prayers. Remember Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me.
May God Bless and keep all of us on tract to a full recovery from this demon.
Helpful - 0
AND YOUR ARE OFF THEM AGAIN>>>TWO WEEKS, stand up proud and move on!  Don't look back.  You are feeling guilty about your parents instead of giving yourself credit for your recovery.

That is what you can do for yourself and they will see your success and down the road, you will be admired and maybe be able to help someone else, or their families, cope better.

Good Luck to you
Helpful - 0
I think it is time to be honest and tell your parents and boyfriend that is what you are going to be...just honest.  They have to gain your trust once again, tell them you all have to be open with each other and discuss all issues at hand together.  If they can't do this, at least tell them you are always open to their opinion and will listen and respect their views...and you should do the same with them.

Good luck....it does work, believe me...it happened in my family and we all are now respectful of each other and listen to each other attentively.  Everyone supports each other, we have become a close family.  I hope your family too, can become close.

CAN
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Sweetie, you have to face your past. Get it over with. Admit everything to everyone. No matter how far you run, how good you are at hiding, it will all catch up with you. It makes you feel alot lighter just to get rid of all the deception, and start anew.
You should talk to your parents, they are your parents and will love you no matter what you do, or have done. No one is perfect, not even them.
You are HUMAN, and you will make mistakes. Turn your mistakes into a lesson learned and get it off your chest...
Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.