Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I Started To Taper Going To Need Some Support Here

WELL I DID IT I CUT MY DOSAGE INTO LESS THAN HALF. AND I HAVE MY HUSBAND GIVING ME MY MEDS IN THE A.M AND THE P.M ONLY. I AM IN FULL BLOWN WITHDRAWALS. MY BRAIN FEELS LIKE MUSH, AM SO NAUSEATED, RLS OH SO BAD, DEPRESSED,BATHROOM IS CONSTANTLY OCCUPIED BY ME EITHER VOMITING OR THE OTHER,AND CRYING CONSTANTLY .I TOLD MY HUSBAND NOT TO GIVE ME ANY EXTRA EVEN IF I BEG, AND HE AGREEDED, ALTHOUGH IM THINKING OF BUYING SOME VALIUM TO HELP WITH THE ANXIETY. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT CAN HELP WITH RLS, HERE IN CANADA THEY DO NOT PRESCIBE ANYTHING FOR THAT HERE YET. BUT IT'S DRIVING ME TOTALLY INSANE. I NEED TO DO THIS IM SO TIRED OF BEING SICK WITH W/D AND MY MEDS ONLY LASTING 1 WEEK AND I GET 120 OF THE 20 MGS OXYCOTIN ONLY TO EAT THEM UP IN LESS THAN 1 WEEK. IM TOTALLY SICK AND TIRED OF SPENDING ALL MY MONEY ON PILL PEDDLERS. WHEN WE COULD USE THE MONEY TO BE PUTTING IT AWAY FOR A NICE VACATION OR SOMETHING. ANYWAYS RAMBLING ON. I JUST NEED TO TAKE MY MIND OF THE CRAVINGS WOULD ANYONE KNOW IF I BUY SOME VALIUM WOULD THAT HELP WITH RLS AND THE ANXIETY. WELL YOU ALL TAKE CARE AND IM SO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU, I READ EVERYDAY. AND ALL OF YOU ARE DOING SO GOOD. WISH I WOULD HAVE STARTED THIS ALONG TIME AGO. I AM GOING TO TAKE 3 VITAMINS A DAY THEY ARE MEANT ONLY TO TAKE 1 BUT IM GOING TO TRY 3 AND SOME NATURAL VITAMINS AS WELL. WELL THATS ALL FOR NOW. PLZ PRAY FOR ME IM GOING TO NEED IT. THANKS TWEETYCAT
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I just posted about taking melatonin, and Valerian root ( capsule form 1.5g )   it is a natural herb for resetful sleep and works great for me. you can  get them in any health food store and many  bigger grocer's,  not expensive at all.. and take 1-3  you take them at night, maybe 2 hours before you want to sleep, you may want to try 3  and seehow it works as your body needs more help right now.

good luck. ( search for my post by my handle-  or the word melatonin)
Helpful - 0
I'm tapering too, but without the husband to help.  God bless him for keeping them from you.  It is so hard alone, and he can help you.  Give him credit for that when it is all over...I am really proud of you and I'll be watching for a post.  Keep in touch, I feel for you and I'll be praying.  

You are in the right spot for support and like I said God bless your man for helping too.
Peace
Helpful - 0
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT, I WILL KEEP ALL POSTED ON HOW IM DOING, IM GOING TO NEED THIS FORUM TO KEEP ME STRONG. i WAS JUST THINKING OF TAKING THE VALIUM FOR THE RLS AND ANXIETY. I DONT THINBK I WOULD GET HOOKED ON THEM THO, I WAS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER AND I KNOW WHAT THOSE W/D'S ARE LIKE THEY ARE JUST AS BAD AS THE ONES IM GOING THROUGH NOW. I HATE VALIUM, BUT THAT IS ALL I CAN FIND FOR THE ANXIETY, IM ALREADY ON CLONAZEPAM I TAKE AS DIRECTED AND THEY DONT SEEM TO HELP MUCH, SO THAT IS WHY I THOUGHT OF TAKING SOME VALIUM.+ I DONT WANT TO EXCEED MORE THAN I AM SUPPOSED TO TAKE. I DONT NEED W/D'S FROM THEM TOO. THESE COLD SWEATS AND SHAKINESS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY. I AM SO SCARED PLZ DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT HOW MANY DAYS BEFORE THE RLS AND ANXIETY WILL LAST, THAT IS THE WORST PART OF THW W/D'S BECAUSE I CANT SLEEP. I NEED SLEEP FOR TAKING CARE OF MY 4 YR OLD SON WHO HAS SO MUCH ENERGY HE GOES LIKE 100 MILES A MINUTE, GOOD THING HUBBY IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW, THAT HELPS ALOT WITH OUR SON + I AM DEATHLY SCARED OF BEING ALONE WHEN GOING THROUGH W/D'S. ALSO I SEEM TO HAVE BREATHING PROBLEMS I THINK ITS FROM THE ANXIETY BREATHING JUST SO FAST AD MY HEART IS JUST POUNDING LIKE IT'S GOING TO JUMP RIGHT OUT OF MY CHEST. PLZ SAY A PRAYER FOR ME, AS I PRAY FOR ALL OF YOU TO GET THROUGH THIS MESS WE ALL GOT OURSELVES INTO. WISHING YOU ALL PEACE TO GET THROUGH YOUR ADDICTIONS. ALSO YOU ARE ALL SO STRONG, I AM VERY PROUD AND AMAZED IN ALL OF YOU. SEEMS LIKE IF YOU PEOPLE CAN DO IT I SURE AM GOING TO GIVE IT A HECK OF A TRY, WELL MORE THAN A TRY IM GOING TO STICK TO MY TAPERING. I NEED TO DO THIS. THANKS AND GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU- TWEETY
Helpful - 0
Hey hun...first of all. A HUGE congrats on this major decision! Also..with the hubby controlling your meds, is a great idea. I guess to answer your question on the Valium...I don't know if I would get those w/o Dr. But that is up to you hun. I do know that the anti-anxiety meds help some, but for me they don't do much at all. I am on them daily anyhow for my Anxiety Disorder. But.., some have had good effects from them. The RLS...I take a muscle relaxer at bedtime. Those seem to help. Only thing though is..one has to be careful as to not trade one for another and become dependant on another drug. I myself hate the muscle relaxers, so I feel safe takeing one...but ONLY If I absolutely cannot sleep I resort to one of those or even a half. But, I would defiantely try some of the other techniques others have posted on RLS. Hot baths/showers..long ones too. There are some vitamins, etc., before I would go to a muscle relaxer hun.

Just some suggestions. Thinking of you and saying a few prayers!
Keep us posted!
Tracy
Helpful - 0
Good Luck!  I'm currently on a taper also, shave off a bit each day until their is nothing left to shave off.  I called a detox center today and spoke with a staff member....they suggested giving the body a minimum of 3 days to adjust to any decrease in hydrocodone.  

I'm down to 2-1/2 per day...tomarrow is my shave-off day, I'll take off approximately 1mg and go for another three days, then take off another mg.....

Good luck to all -- rls is bad for me too, hope it goes away.

TB
Helpful - 0
Hey, I'm here for you let me know what I can do for you. Keep in mind that you are doing the right thing.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.