Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

When my withdrawal symptoms end?

I have been addicted to opiate painkillers now for 2 years on and off. Buth steadily for the past 8 months. I was taking mostly vicodin 5/500 sometimes up to 20 a day. But towards the end I was striving for percocet up to 7.5/500 at about 16 per day. Well anyway I got into some trouble with the law by trying to pass a fake script, I got caught. It seems that they are going to be leniant on me. But one of the conditions was to get clean. So maybe this was a blessing in disguise. These pills have RUINED MY LIFE! Well anyway I'm on my fifth day now with no pills. I don't have insurance and was not about to go into the county mental institute. So I went cold turkey.
I thought that the initial withdrwal symptoms only lasted five days. I feel worse today than all the other days combined. My stomach is killing me, I'm incredibly anxious(by the way I do have an anxiety disorder that is why I took the pills to help relieve)and I have an enormous headache not to mention cravings. One positive thing is that I can sleep through the night however Trazedone helps me with that.
Somebody please give me some encouragement/ I can't go back to the pills.  Am I almost through this because if it doesn't end soon I might end up having a nervous breakdown. Or is most of my symptoms psychological? I dread waking up in the morning wondering what I might have to go through today.
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think that's a great idea. IM really happy to hear that you are able to sleep. That and the body aches were the hardest for me. OK you get rest let me know how you are tonight or tomorrow. IM here for you. Heather
Helpful - 0
Drink lots of water and take lots of water.  There is ThursdayNexts  Detox and the Thomas which everyone uses.  I'm on day 6 and still feeling some cravings and a lot of anxiety today.  You won't relapse because you can't.  It's not an option.  Keep that in mind.  What your going through now is nothing compared to what will happen if you get in trouble with the judge.  Stay posted and we'll help you.  There are a lot of us up at night so just keep posting.  
Wishing you well.
Helpful - 0
Jesus is the answer!

I was crying out to my savior all night the first 2 nights. Everytime I did there was a comforting feeling come over me. But I wanted saved out of it! Then the scripture, yay though I walk through the valley of death came to my mind, and I knew he was with me, and it would not get worse than I could bare. It sure does feel like the valley of death, and when you read the post I made about my friend, it really could be the valley of death!

Right here cheerin ya on!!!!

Allen
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
What is written are just guidelines, everyones withdrawals are different. My w/d was slow, too. I was a couple days behind. Just keep your chin up and hang on for the ride. What you feel like when you come out the other end of w/d's is soooo worth the suffering. It feels so good to be clean from my demon!! Mine was Methadone. It was about 13 days of pur hell! So, if I can do it, so can you. I'm more ALIVE than I have EVER been. You will be too.
Are you religious at all? Maybe some praying would calm you, some music. You never know???
Stay on here, it good for ya! There are some GREAT people with some wonderful thoughts, you will need them.
Lisa
Helpful - 0
I was once very strong with my faith. But this addiction seems to have lowered my faith dramatically. I sometimes feel like God has left me because of the things and the people I've hurt to get more pills. I just want my life back. But I'm so scared of falling. I keep thinking if I just had one pill all this will go away. But if I did that I could end up in jail for not living up to my end of the bargain with the police. I hate myself because of this. This should have never gone this far.
Helpful - 0
One pill wont help at all. Sorry about that, but you will only be starting all over again, and have to endure a few more days if you take one.

You are almost through the worst of it, and it will get better as you go. I cant say how long it will take you, as like was said everyone is totally different, and reacts different.

You will love all the new feelings, and smells, your mind will become soooo clear. Life will have more meaning for you. The pills do dull everything, and as your body wakes up you will have lots of different emotions.

I am about to end day 16, and still am overcome by different emotions. The good part is most are greatly needed. Makes you feel more alive than ever before.

There is light at the end of the tunnel!
Helpful - 0
Oh I would give anything to sleep through the night, as I am still not doing that good. May be because I have the flu now, but the no sleep was the worst to me.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Maybe this is a good time to regain your faith in God. He does not judge, and he does not punish. Remember? Oh, you may feel like he is punishing you now, but it is really your body that is giving you the punishment... It will get better, i promise. I cannot say how long it will take you, but if you stick with it and don't give in to your demon then you will see your NEW life through clearer eyes. Smell will even become better. All your senses will awaken and you will have a much crisper mind. Concentration will return, annd so will your memory.
Trust me, jaybird, everything you are going through right now is so worth it. I know right now you feel like ****, but that will give way soon enough. Just ride it out, and take every measure to keep your demon away from you. You will see, soon.
God Bless. I'm here if you need me.
Lisa
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much for the encouragement. Right now this forum is all the encouragement I've got. It means a lot especially from people who can sympathize and understand what I'm going through.  God bless all of you,  Jason
Helpful - 0
Right on bro, I will stay as long as I can hang in there. This flu is kickin my butt though lol. Cant believe I just started feelin real good, and wham! The flu LOL.

Hang in there as this is do able! You will not be disappointed.

You got my youngest sons name. Verrry cool! He just left on the train to go see his girlfriend about 400 miles away. He turns 21 next month, and makes me feel sooooo old rofl!

Allen
Helpful - 0
Hello sweetie, My name is Heather. You and I have never meet but we sure are a lot alike. About the same amount of time and pills we have done. One of my biggest wake ups was when I went to pick up a scrip and was told to wait a minute. Well, I didn't I got the he*l out of there. (I had made a copy) Man some of the things I did to get my pills. Anyway sweetie, these days you are going through are so hard. The good news is you are over the biggest hump. Maybe if I tell you how I was when I also quite cold turkey then you will have something you could compare it to. (if that helps) The first three days were really bad the fourth was better the fifth was really bad all I did was cry. Everyday after that was better but not great I still felt crappy for 8 days. On my 9th day I woke up and felt like there was a sheet lifted up over my eyes. I could see things different, smell things and even feel. It was really wired in a VERY good way. That is also the day that I meet all my new friends here on the forum. Everyone here is VERY caring and supportive. I just cant say enough good things about them ALL. From reading your posts my best advice to you is to ask the great lord to forgive you for all your sins. To help give you strength, wisdom and most of all his unfailing love. Jason, HE IS VERY FAITHFUL AND JUST. Remember he will never give you more then you can bean (handle). He is the one who can help you the most. You stay strong you are doing great. It will get better I PROMISE. By the way today is my 19th day clean and that was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I know you can do it. You've made it so far don't turn BACK now. You would hate to have put yourself through all that sh*t again. THAT'S NOT WORTH IT. IM here if you need to talk. With support, Heather
Helpful - 0
Did you get caught for the copy script. I did get caught and this Tuesday I have to go back to the police station for the second time. Having this over my head is surely not helping. It is hard enough going through withdrawal but with this hanging over my head it heightens my anxiety.
Helpful - 0
No, for once I was lucky to have got out of that one. I can understand why you are feeling this way. But, for now your best bet is just get better. Doing that is more then enough work. When you go to court you should just be honest. Tell them you had a problem and you are now clean that you now want to get your life back on track. We've got people out here getting into big time trouble and walking away with probation. TRY not to worry to much. Everything will work out. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!!! XOXO, Heather
Helpful - 0
Thanks Heather. I'm going to go rest now. It's hard to stay on the computer when you feel like this. I am going to lean on these scripture verses " I can do all things through Christ"," For whom the son sets free is free indeed." and from 1st Peter " after suffering for a short while God himself will strengthen, establish, and restore you" Good night heather I will shut down after you respond. Thanx
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.