Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I did it again.......

Well everyone I did it. My doctor refilled my prescription for my vicodin. The bottle says take 3 a day as needed. They are 7.5's. My mom gave me 3 for the day, she is keeping them for me. I took all of them at one time. I have a sinus infection and on top of all of my aches I took them all at one time. I do not like the fact that she is controlling my medicine and got pissed off. I feel I do need something for my chronic pain since my surgery, but the cravings got the best of me. I am feeling like **** right now. I just wanted to feel numb for awhile since I have been feeling so crappy lately. I just can't stop feeling so guilty. Not sure what to do at this point. I just needed to get this off of my chest since I have no one that I can talk to about this except you guys.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey honey! Sorry, I didn't see your post yesterday! I let my b/f play online....which means I can't get the computer!!!! But, did you read the post on here about one of the girl's friends are in the hospital dying....this is what the drugs do to you! You sound like me one of the very first times that I quit taking pills! And I fell, that's not what you want to do!!! Your right...it only gets worse and worse and you need to take more and more, before you know it, the medicine will have no effect anymore!!! Have your mom hold your medicine, the reason your getting angry is because you feel as though  you are grown and you can do things on your own!!! But right now, your very vulnerable on slipping!!! You give so much inspiration in this site to us all and now you are feeling as though you are going to fall, you can do this!!!! I feel sooooo good without the drugs!!!! Why don't you try to get off of them, give it like 2 weeks clean and see how you are feeling! If you don't think it feels better without them, then stick with your 3 a day, and since you are in choronic pain, why don't you ask  your doc for something that isn't a narcotic!!! I hope you pull through this, and I know that you can, I've heard your words of wisdom, and your right, it is VERY hard, it's a constant war in our minds, pain, temptation, urges, anxiousness, RLS, and all of that!!! Noone said that it would be easy honey, but life isn't meant to be easy, every obstable in life is basically a fighting battle, and we cannot give into it!!! We need to WIN!!!!! Keep strong!!!!!!
strictly me
Helpful - 0
Hey! Dont get down on yourself. This isnt the easiest thing in the world to do. But, it is well worth the effort. You wouldnt be here if you didnt want to be free.

It isnt that hard really. The worst part is the fear of the unknown. Like not knowing how long will the pain last, or when will I feel better? Can I do it, and will I like the new me without drugs?

Dont let all that fear get to you. The drugs will kill you, and it is not worth what they do. You will need more and more to keep you happy, and someday you will have to go clean, or face what they will do to you. Better to start now while there is all this support, and caring people to help you, and you are healthy enough to get to life without.

I too have serious pain with RSD. In fact if you look it up you will find it is the worst pain known. The only pain worse is having a limb amputated without something to kill the pain. I am going to come off the drugs because they dont always keep working without more and more.

Im on day 16, and loving life more now than ever before! Even with the flu! I know things will get better and better, as the days pass. They will for you too!

Big hugs!
Allen
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.