Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Massive Headache??? A part of tapering??? Normal??? OUCH

Out of all the aches and pains because of two back surgeries...One thing I am blessed with is I do not have headaches.  Never have.  UNTIL LAST NIGHT OMG, can I take other pain meds besides the vics when I am in tapering mode or is that just making it worse.  Just want off these dam things and my head feels like it is in a vice.  

All of this from tapering?????  I am soooooo moooooody, crabby, bitchy too.  Read a few of my posts yesterday and I think I looked crosseyed at everyone here and everyone I came in contact with.

How come I can't be nice?  Do the pills make me "nice" when I really am not a happy person anyway??  COnfused...maybe I have a personality disorder...or possibly no personality at all without vics.

That's a depressing thought.  

How is everyone else???  Let me take my mind off myself and ask you for your thoughts and accomplishments today.  Get my mind off my lack of...dunno...just lack of get up and go. or any kind of self love.

Boy am I a downer the last  few days I know.  Sorry,

Chin Up Creek!!!  Get a grip  Everyone have a strong day!!!
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sadly...the emotions you are having are from the meds. The headache? Unsure, but possibly from the tension you are feeling. I know when I get my migraines, the vics I can't take b/c they make them worse. Some meds do that. I would try some advil...a hot or cold compress of some sort and try and lie down for a bit, relax hun.

You sound like you could definately use that! You also deserve it!

Thinking of you;

Tracy
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
I had 2 nights when I thought my heaad was gonna split open. Part of w/d, I am unsure. But that's three of us, now. I know of one more gal. Yes, you will be crabby and bitchy, that all part of it. No, the pills didn't make you nice. You just aren't at your best right now, it wil return to you, sweetie. You will be like your old self again soon. Everyone on the forum has good days and bad days, its normal and most people will understand if you are a little moody. Do all the relaxing things you like to do. Your body needs time to adjust to not having those nasty pills, although you may feel like your body is punishing you. Who knows, maybe it is. What I do know is this, it won't last forever, and you will be better in every way when its over. The body aches, the legs jumpin, the stomach cramps, the diarrhea, the headache...all worth the way I feel TODAY!
Hang on tight and ride it out. You can do this, I have faith in you.
Lisa
Helpful - 0
You are not the only cranky, mean person.  My boyfriend had surgery on thursday. He is usually a nice guy. He is so grouchy and mean, he had me in tears on the way home from the hospital this morning. I'm staying out of his path as much as possible.  Afraid I may go off on him in a big way.  I want to be nice and patient with the poor miserable guy (he is in pain). He just came in to kiss me and read what I'm writing. He got a laugh and said that I only give my side of the story. So you see when people are in pain, or stressing about something, it is completely normal to be really grouchy not their normal personality. This will pass as you feel better.

The headache, I don't usually get headaches either. Have had a few. One of the times I'm garenteed to get a headache is if I don't get my caffiene or nicotine. I guess it the brains way of missing something???  When I had a terrible migrane, I tried a natural method. You let very hot water, as hot as you can, run over your head.  Then switch to icey cold water for a real good long rinse. This is supposed to trick the pain receptors.  It worked for me. I think it's best to catch the headache before it sets in too much. I've recommended this to others, I don't think they had the b---s to try it.  They looked at me like I was nuts.

When I'm really depressed or in a foul mood. Another thing that helps me is switching up what I'm doing. I am making 2 soups for dinner, chicken noodle and potatoe leek. This way I have my thoughts on something else.

I hope you keep well. Hope that headache goes away. If you try the remedy please let me know if it helps or not. We forgive you if you've been a grouch. Keep up the good hard work. One step at a time.  Be patient with yourself. Congradulate yourself for the accomplishment,don't put yourself down,you are a terrific person I can tell.
Helpful - 0
Read them all.  THANK YOU EVERYONE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.  And I will write tonight.  If I don't get out of this house I am going to go nuts.  

I have to take a walk.  Thanks Thanks Thanks
Helpful - 0
I would say the headache is unavoidable. I never had a headache until these last few days, and maaaan it felt like my eyes were gonna pop out!

I believe it is just our bodies adjusting to the NEW us!

Allen
Helpful - 0
I know what you mean my head hurts all the time bad headaches nothing seems to work! I wake up w/ one and go to bed w one and the moods are just as bad this week I won ***** of the house award! hang in there
Helpful - 0
Its almost almost 3 weeks for me and I still get a headache now and then..motrin usually helps.  I am moody at times and I also wonder will I be able to do all that I am responsible to do; handle kids, house, man ...all of these things and people w/o my vicodin??????  So far, I've been doing it; not 100% but trying to piece my life back together.  I also needed help so I am in therapy at a substance abuse counseling center.  I didnt want to believe that I needed help from someplace like that or that I had anything in common with an "addict".  Guess what, the 1st thing the Dr. said to me there is that if I wanted this to work I had to admit that I was an addict.  Yeah right, not me.  OK, then how come I want to shove pain pills down my throat even when I'm not in pain??  And how come whenever I feel sad, nervous, scared or mad I want to take pain pills; even though I'm not in physical pain.  I had to accept that I was an addict, as much as I wanted to believe that I wasnt. I guess I just needed to hear myself say that today.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
As I have said before...it knows no race, no boundaries, nothing. There is no class of people that is immune. You admitted you have a problem, now you can get a handle on it. It will be hard, but so was admitting it, right? Everybody says thats the first step...its true...2nd step, your here!
Lisa
Helpful - 0
Youre right, accepting it was hard.  So, now I am on my way through recovery.  I didnt call it recovery for a long time...just said I decided to stop taking pills; but I had to accept that too...I am in recovery.  I've heard its easier to stay clean than it is to get clean...so, I'm gonna try to hold on to that.  The therapy helps too; my therapist is very tough; which is what I need b/c I can really be a smooth talker sometimes. She holds me accountable for my recovery.  She told me yesterday that this is going to take work..so here we go.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Yep, and think about it, when its over, you'll be you again. A much better reborn version. It awesome the feeling you get after about 3 weeks.
Hang on, dig your nails in, clench your fists, whatever you have to do, just do it, and get it done!!!
Live life as we were intended to live it
((((CLEAN)))))

()))-%--- There's a rose for you.

Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.