Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Seens I feel comfortable here...

Well seens im letting it all out...i am 22..my mom is 43 and my dad is 46...as a family me my mom, dad and brother were in a really bad car accident in 1998..my mom broke c2 in her neck and said they were surprised to see her walk away..she should have been dead or paralyzed...before this day i had never seen a vicodin before...she obviously has been hooked since then..my dad him too..and then eventually me when i was about 16..17..my brother who passed away back in 2000 never abused anything he was 11 months younger then me..but long story short..my mom, dad and me are all in the same spot..except my mom wont quit she will always claim she always needs them which i understand but my dad is not doing good at all and im scared for his life..I have never seen my dad in such bad shape before..he has lost 50 pounds, doesnt work anymore due to a work related injury and lays in bed literally ALL day and night..my mom she works a lot and i live with them and help them out...my dad I know he wants help and needs it. We do not address our problems or talk about meds this is why i came here confidentially...but its like i dont want to feel stuck but at the same time i want to help them but i need to help me even when i do that you cant help anyone unless they want to help themselves..do you see where im stuck? Im sorry I know everyone has similar issues..but its like ever since my brother died things have gotten worse and i want us all to be happy like we were before.
thanks again
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
175363 tn?1200946321
May I ask a sensitive question...

What happened? How did you brother die?

If it is too sensitive for you, just don't answer.

We are glad that you feel comfortable with us. We will not judge you, and will respect your wishes.

Lisa
Helpful - 0
I do see how you feel stuck.  I don't think that you being stuck is good for you or your parents in the long run. It does sound like you have all had enough pain. I hope you can go to a counselor and get one on one counseling.  Most communities have free counseling. I would get myself on their waiting list. Many churches can also guide you, some offer counseling.  You could make an appt. with the Pastor, Minister, Preist,church secretary, alot of them have a counseling background or could direct you.  Pick up the phone or visit one of these places that could help you out. After the loss of a loved one, things can never be exactly the same. But, you can and should move on.  You deserve to be happy.  You are so young and have a great life ahead of you. Maybe with counseling your parents could see that they can have joy through you.  The best joy for them would be to see you getting healthy and happy.  Don't wait to make an appointment. Please do this on Monday.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.