A
A
A
Close

Thursday Finishes 1 week

Doing Good
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
In talking to my husband yesterday.  I was able to go back to the first time that I took a pill for something other than pain.  My anxiety is in full swing.  I went to my moms yesterday to get a couple of valium and believe I have reached a huge turning point because right next to the valium are her pain meds and I didn't even have a thought about them.  I have ordered some homiopathic anxiety meds I used to take.  I'm hoping they will be here tomorrow.  I can't find the valium.  I hoping the dog ate them.  She got into my purse and ate the rib bones in my purse.  Having the kids around and pills unaccounted for is making me very scared.  

I'm curious about your comment about trading one addiction for another and I am aware of this trap but I'm wondering if you are trying to tell me that I am spending too much time on the forum.  I hope you won't take offense to my question.  It's so easy to lose or assume too much in translation.  Your input and prescence on this forum have provided, at least for me, a huge amount of comfort.  My only intent is to provide the comfort that you have shown to me to others.
Helpful - 0
Perfect. Now. your counting the weeks, and of course 1 week and one day etc. Before you know a month will go by.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Thats true. After 15 days I lost count somewhere. In 3 days it will be a month for me...I can't even believe it when I say it. But it is true. I'm doing well. I have lots of family support, too. I know that not everyone has that, and I cannot imagine life without it. I could see where one could actually TRADE addictions. From taking pills everyday to being on this forum everyday. I myself has substituted my pills for herbal supplements and herbs. Some really work and some don't touch me...trial and error...I could not live w/o my B12 and
L-Tyrosine.
Welcome to a week of your new drug free life...ain't it cool

Here's a rose for your accomplishments

()))-%---

Lisa
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
No offense taken, sweetie. No, I didn't mean you are spending too much time on here. I encourage everyone to get on here as much as possible. I just believe that addictions are a trade off of sorts, and I found one that works for me. The herbal supplements coupled with this forum have made a huge diiference in my life...just sharing that with you.
That's all nothing more.
Thats the bad part of reading words on a screen, there's little emotion in them. Guess that's why they invented "Emoti-cons", huh??? LOL...

Lisa
Helpful - 0
good for you!! I think most of you have more strenghth than I do I am still very afraid when my test does come if I will make the right choice, hopefully I can, if thedog did eat them should be feeling pretty good after bones and all lol
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.