Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

A stone for the forum

Disruption- always upright works in reverse.
Change, freedom, invention and liberation are all attributes of this Rune.  Drawing it indicates a pressing need within the psyche to break free from constricting identification with material reality and to experience the world of archetypal mind.  The Rune of elemental disruption, of events that seem to be totally beyond your control.  When you draw this Rune, expect disruption, for it is the Great Awakener, although the form the awakening takes may vary.  Perhaps you will experience a gradual feeling of coming to your senses, as though you are emerging from a deep sleep.  then again, the onset of power may be such as to rip away the fabric of what you previously knew as your reality, your security, your understanding of yourself, your work, your relationship or beliefs.  Disruption takes many forms: a realtionship fails, plans go awry, a source of supply dries up.  But do not be dismayed.  Whether ou created the disruption or whether it comes from an outside source, you are not without power in this situation. your inner strength- the will you have funded until now in your life provides support and guidance at a time when every thing you've taken for granted is being challenged.
Another Rune of change the term radical discontinuity best describes the action of this rune at it's most forceful.  The more severe the disruption in your the life, the more significant and timely the requirements for your growth.  The universe and your own soul are demanding that you do, indeed, grow.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
176889 tn?1234352582
as long as the Rune don't ruin me, it sounds like just what I really need, just what we all really need, as painful or disruptive as it may prove to be... Change,  and...   Growth!
Good Luck!!       Nefesh
Helpful - 0
The runes are a way for us to find the truth within ourselves when we are lost and provide a light when we have lost our way.   We need change, change is movement.  When nothing moves you have stagnation.  Think of water that never moves.  Power in this rune and it's ability to rip away I believe puts us on notice to remember that when we try to do this alone the journey becomes almost impossible.  

If you would prefer I will not post the stones anymore.
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
no, noway! I'm sorry!  you misunderstood me!  really I'm sorry... I thought it was powerful... deep... thought provoking...  I just meant that going through what we need to in terms of growth, change, withdrawal from addiction - that it's a potential for extremely powerful good (as the rune says if I understand correctly) yet of course it's also a time of danger and stress... (no pain no gain would be an oversimplified way of saying it I guess...)  I thought it was really interesting and uplifting - I really apologize to have made you think otherwise...  you've got enough on your plate without my vague comments confusing you!   please keep up your wonderful work helping many others, and, with Heaven's help, also yourself!              L,  Nefesh
Helpful - 0
Sounds like you got it.  I'll keep posting.  Never hurts to ask.:-)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.