Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Doh! Minor stumble...

Well I went 10 days. I haven't been feeling to bad, however stress levels reached peak levels on day 11. While going through paperwork, I came across 6 Darvon that I must have hid from myself long ago, as I have been on Lortab 10/325 for over a year. It had to be over a year ago that I had a script for those. Anyway, my demons got the best of me... took a few, then the rest within 90 minutes. Big Shocker -- They Didn't Help!! Not only did the stress not go away, for some reason my blood pressure went up, which caused me to panic, or rather, have a bit of anxiety. If I check my BP one more time today, I think I'm gonna pop my arm off.

Anyway, as I recall, Darvon stay in the system longer then vicodin?? It's been 10 hours since I had taken them. While I'm feeling less anxious, I'm starting to worry that I'm in for a WD reset. Anyone have any idea if I should prepare for the worse? I'm hoping this minor roadblock will not cause to much WD, as my script is due in less then a week. If I'm having full blown WD's, not sure I'll be able to reason with myself... Anyone have any guesses? I'd hate to loose sleep over nothing, then think I'm having WDs and the only issue is lack of sleep. I hate this round and round thinking... :/
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm a little confused.   Why would you re-start your script if you already went through 11 days of W/D.

I doubt the pills you took will re-start full blown W/D though.

I'm not really familiar with Darvocets...but one day is a set-back...not the beginning of re-use.

As I said above... why are you looking forward to a new script if you are CLEAR 11 days.??

Gip
Helpful - 0
I'm a little confused.   Why would you re-start your script if you already went through 11 days of W/D.

I doubt the pills you took will re-start full blown W/D though.

I'm not really familiar with Darvocets...but one day is a set-back...not the beginning of re-use.

As I said above... why are you looking forward to a new script if you are CLEAR 11 days.??

Gip
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
I'm in the same floating boat as gipsee, why would you do that to yourself after 11 days. What were those 11 days for? For nothing? You are at the end of your withdrawals, your in the clear, why go back. This is the beginning of a new life for you. Don't turn back now, sweetie, you almost got this licked...
Lisa
Helpful - 0
I think I understand.  You did not find a script you found some pills and took them.  Yes? I don't think you will have wd's again but I think its great that you got no pleasure in doing it.  Helps to see the craziness you left behind.  It also puts you on notice to clean out the nooks and crannies and get rid of the stuff.  You've still got a bit of work to there but 11 days way to go.
Helpful - 0
The problem is, there is valid pain involved. My Dr doesn't suggest surgery, but believes meds properly supervised is the best option, along with some physical therapy and common sense. Unfortunately I know I can not trust myself. For me it has gone beyond dependancy, and into addiction. I'm smarter than the pills, I want to beat them - however, when temptation is there, it is almost uncontrolable. I'm sure many of you have been there - reasoning with yourself. "Well, if I take an extra one today, if I feel better tomorrow, I'll take one less..." of course the next day you take just as many.

Anyway, this last time I had reasoned with myself, I'm going to just live with the pain. I'll survive on muscle relaxers and anti-inflamitories (sp). HAH! Yea right... the worse part is, I knew it was the damn pills talking - if I took a bottle of asprin, Robaxin, Soma, Fleril and washed it down with 12 beers - the pain I couldn't live with the pain (besides the fact all of the above would kill me anyway heh). I took a months script in less then a week. I did it (again with the twisted reasoning), to be done once and for all.

It's not gonna happen - the pain hurts TOO much. I will lose my job and much more, if I call in sick every time my neck spasims and I get a migraine.

However, luckily for me it is not daily. I could go a week without pain, then hurt for 2. My problem is - when the pills are there, it doesn't matter if I'm in pain or not - they are in my belly before I know it.

Sooo... the plan this time was, bring a trusted family member with me to pick up the script. I'm too proud to be begging for pills every 5 minutes.

I was hoping the WDs would be done by then - if so, I could/will go ahead with the above plan. However, if I was/am in full blown WDs and/or depressed/stressed, I'm not sure I could trust myself. I can be very cunning, and am almost guaranteed to find a way to make it to the pick up before the family member is available. If I get the bottle in hand, I'm not sure I can trust myself.

I know this sounds pathetic -- Hell, I feel pathetic. I have to find balance, and I just can not with pills. I don't get it... I partied as hard as any rock/movie star in my younger years. Experimented with just about everything - went years drinking every night. But, I decided at one point it was time to grow up. Now most of my childhood friends are dead, in jail, or living on skid row. Me.. I'm successful -- or at least I appear so on the outside. I've looked addictions in the face, way more powerful then vicodin, and laughed. I could turn my back on them, and wish them gone, and *poof*.

But pills... they are my bane. I don't get it - I don't even enjoy them anymore. Even after going through WDs and lowering my tolerance. They are great for making my pain go away, but when it's uncontrolable, they bring their own.

Anyway, I'm rambling - How can someone live with pills, when they can't abide by the rules?? I should change my nickname to Catch22
Helpful - 0
Hey honey! I made a slip myself as well....and I was taking 10-20 mg percocets a day, and when i slipped after i think 9-10 days, not sure exactly, you could go back on the posts to find out if you'd like, but I didn't have any withdrawls really, depression!!! Depression REALLY bad, I think I felt worse emotionally from slipping then what I did from the withdrawls!!! So, you fell, don't  lay there honey, pick yourself up, brush it off and try again!!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! YOU ALREADY ARE DOING IT!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.