Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Xanax question

Ok, what is this supposed to do? I have 10 Xanax bars and was told to try half at a time, but I don't feel anything at all. It did help me sleep overnight, but when I wake up in the morning is usually when I am having quite a bit of anxiety, but I feel nothing from these xanax bars. I'm down to 8.. is this is a waste of time? What should I feel and how long do they take to work? Definitely don't see why people get hooked on these so far... Do I need to increase dosage? I pray not, because they are expensive. I'm a rather big guy if that has anything to do with it.
Thanks!
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Don't know much about Xanex Bars, however, Xanez itself is very addictive.  As an addict, I wouldn't recommend increasing the dosage.  I believe Xanex is for anxiety; it should make you tired and less anxious.  Try getting out and keeping your mind off the Xanex.  Good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
Leave the Xanex alone.  If you are looking for some "MAJOR" feeling from the drug, that is not the point.  They are intended to ease anxiety, not make you feel really high.  Chill out, you are only setting yourself up for addiction, which in the long run will only cause you more problems then the anxiety itself.
Helpful - 0
If you don't like them... stop taking them, and ask the Dr. for something else.  Xanax is the KING OF BENZOS and are a B*tch to come off of.

Simply don't take them.   Talk to Dr.
Helpful - 0
I agree with you wholeheartedly.....

I never liked them, never even thought I was addicted...now I'm forced into a sloooooow taper... and it's really and truly not fun.

Should be over in a month.   But still... they are deadly.

gip
Helpful - 0
I tried Xanex once and to be honest, I did not enjoy the feeling.  Granted, I was also using crystal meth at the time. But the feelings that I got from the Xanex was like I was about to fall over.  I had a hard time speaking and coordinating myself.  I didn't like being that out of control of my senses and my body.  Not a good feeling and I never took them after that.  I suggest staying away from anything that addictive and potent.
Helpful - 0
Well, I was using this to help the anxiety of quitting Lortabs as found in the Thomas Recipe. I won't get addicted to these. See no reason why I would even want to. But, the problem during the day to ease the coming off the lortabs, which are creating rebound migraines is what I was using them for. I couldn't get Valium, so was told Xanax would be fine since its a Benzo. But at the moment, it's not doing much for me. Right now, I am feeling miserable with a terrible migrain. TEmpted and probably am going to take about 37mg of hydrocodone to ease the migraine. That's all I need to do is ease this headache, I can't think, move, eat, etc... with how I'm feeling now.

This was the whole reason I was taking the lortabs, if you see my previous post.

http://medhelp.org/forums/Addiction/messages/32809.html
Helpful - 0
How long does it take to become addicted to xanax. I am taking a small amount to sleep at night because of my too fast of taper...
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I have been on xanax for many years for anxiety. I have never abused them or felt a need to increase the amount. I take 1mg 4x's a day. The bars are twice that amount and the highest dose. Since you're using them to taper ask for something else.

The others are correct. They are extremely addictive and w/d from an benzo is hell. I was on valium for 13 years and the terrible symptoms I had going off of them is undescribable.

I wish you luck,
Take Care, LS
Helpful - 0
I was only taking 1.5 mgs a day... but for six months.

three .50 pills A DAY.... AND stopped cold turkey....and can't even begin to describe what I felt.  It was horrible.

Never abused... never did more than was Rx'd.   I started to feel anxious from other meds... Dr. Rx'd Xanax....

Now I'm off and clean of Vicodin... I want off these too.  Can't cold turkey from these if you are on them more than 2 weeks..

Cut your dose and wean slowly off... and it's over.

Gip
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.