Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

4th day no methodone

sorry i havnt been on past few days i have been in bed. anyway about an hour after taking the subutex my withdrawls got SO bad, it was mostly my hair standing up all over my body and hot and cold flashes, but last nite had to be the WORST restless leg syndrom iv ever had!!! my legs felt like they were on fire and were twitching and spasing real bad...i could stay still to save my life lol at one point it got so bad that i just yelled out WTF!! (i think the whole neighborhood heard me lmao). eventualy i called my doc and toldm about my legs and he called in a script of Quinine sulfate to ease my legs..so i got to sleep a bit once the quinine kicked in.  as for rite now its day 4 without methodone...but i am taking four 8mg subutex a day (wich i started last nite), my legs still ache im still freezing and having stomach cramping but i do kinda feel a bit better. anyway i hope erybody is doing well, and thanks to everyone for the support...especialy to you vicaddict for your emails and all the copying and pasting lol
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That's a lot of "bleepin" Xanax... shoot... 1.5mgs puts me out for the night...but I'm really tiny...I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Getting off them is a monster all it's own... but don't worry about that now... One drug at a time...Here I thought the Sub was the be all solution of all of this...and w/d would be a breeze.    You gotta taper off Xanax... but don't think about that at this point... you are battling a monster.

Was wondering... is it OK if I ask VicAddict for your e-mail, I'd like to write to you personally...just some things I won't say here...??   Or ask her to give you my e-mail... that will work too.

Take Care of you....

Gip
Helpful - 0
yes i did consider goin c/t but the only reason i didnt was cuz its "methodone" wich is 30 days of withdrawals and honastly i know in my heart i would have broke and shot dope with in a week...i know if it was just a heroin addiction i had, i definitly couldv stuck out the 7 day withdrawl (iv done it many times)...but methodone to me is the king of all withdrawals and going up and down on from 70mgs to 120mg of methodone going on FIVE YEARS..maybe im weak but i just couldnt even fathom the thought of the length and intensity of the 30 to 60 day withdrawal.   so my doctor wants me on four 8mg subutex a day but, ima just try 2 or 3 a day IF i can bare it...then eventualy when i feel good again i will start to taper down from the subutex and hopfully be completly off within 2 to 3 months tops!        as for the difference between SUBUTEX and SUBOXONE....they are the exact same drug except for one major difference. the suboxone is a opiate WITH naloxone added in to it (nalaxone is an opiate blocker wich neutralizes ALL opiates in the body) wich means if taken soon after abusing an opiate you will be thrown into FULL withdrawls in about 15 mins! also if you try to get high while taking SUBOXONE you will NOT get high, you will just get sick!!  now as for SUBUTEX (wich does NOT have an opiate blocker at all in it), wich means you do not have to get sick before starting the subutex (even though my doc did make me get sick before taking it..but i think he was testing me to see how serious i was about getting clean). eventualy i do want an opiate blocker in me but it is way too soon rite now and il get too sick, so in a month or two i plan to switch to the suboxone to detuer me from shooting heroin.....i just pray i dont geta crave i cant control and end up slamming like 15 bags of heroin (wich is my usual dose id shoot if i were abusing heroin)

Helpful - 0
Holy S@#t fam. Reading about your first 4 days really makes me realize how far I come. I'm not trying to be ignorant mfucka but have u thought of maybe just sayin f it and go cold turkey and be done with drugs for good. I know its waaaaaaaaay easier to say that then do. If u didn't know quinine is a cut used in heroin.
Helpful - 0
your taking a hell of a ride right now! I thought thesubetex would stop the worst of it I know it is bad but hang in there if i can help let me know
Helpful - 0
Man bro im feelin for ya!

Im kinda with everyone in that you should really just c/t, and get it over with. I know it is the toughest thing in the world to do, but when you beat this monkey off your back, there is nothing you cannot do in life after this! You have gone through the worst, and won! Life is a no brainer after that, just believe your an overcomer, a winner!

Cheerin ya on!

Allen
Helpful - 0
Good to hear from you... I have been thinking about you.

It's only got to get better.

Hopefully sooner than later.   Hold on tighly... yer in for a ride.   I truly thought the Sub took away all w/d symptoms... goes to show you how little I know about this stuff.

If you don't mind and you feel up to it.. Tell me why you wanted the Subtex...rather than the Suboxone...

Well wishes....

Gip
Helpful - 0
i had heard long ago they cut heroin with quinine but totaly forgot about it....well at least quinine is not an opiate or a typ of narcotic. iv mostly heard of vitimin B and E and somtimes amatuers even cutting it with tylenol!!!  thaks for that reminder though :)
Helpful - 0
Sounds to me you got it licked with a good plan!

Still cheerin ya on!!!

Allen
Helpful - 0
naw i dont plan on goin back to shooting heroin but damn i suddenly cant stop thinkin about it..its the whole deal, im addicted to the drug, addicted to the process of injecting and the high itself...im even craving crack wich i been off for a year and a half!! i duno what happening to me!..im also taking way too much xanax (6-8mgs all at once!!!) ever since the withdrawls started and now i cant seem to stop ...but im doin my best to take it hour by hour...xsighsX
Helpful - 0
You go back to shooting heroin.. and I will personally drag my tiny butt to you and beat the **** out of you....*tapping foot ...hands on hip*.... you have been through hell and back bud...

Don't even say that ... look at what you are doing now to get your life back.

We all deserve a "clean" life...

You know I've been thinking about you... that was a bit of my Italian humor above... THE WRATH OF THE GYPSY>. yanno! Best of my Italian side... YOU NEED HELP.. I'LL SEND MY UNCLE LOUIE UP...NOBODY MESSES WIT YOU>...Of course my Unclue Louis is now 80 but what the hey.. he still scares me... LOL  We still have the "family" mentality here...

Take care of you

Gip
Helpful - 0
Yo you know that people are dying from heroin because they our cuttin it with fetanyl(spelling) so watch your ass
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.