Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

VicAddict

Posted up here to your 'fessin up to your BEST FRIEND.

Sounds like your on your way G/F.... hopefully it will all work out.

Someone wrote (what sounded to be) an excellent taper by shaving just a little of the pill every three days.  

Sounds almost painless....

Just don't think about that "last pill"... take it one day at a time.   Only your determination will make the committment stronger.   YOU are a very strong person... look at all the ppl who come to you HERE for help.

You can do this...!   ^5

Gip
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What gip said!!!

you go girl!!

Allen
Helpful - 0
Hello - this is my 1st post. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to shake the " mental " part of addiction? I have gone cold turkey before , and I manage to get through it just taking a TON of immodium and suffer through the sleepless nights....but I think the hardest part is the mental part , you knoe, the feeling that you HAVE to have the pills. Please, if someone has any advise , please give  it to me. I know they say the mental part is the worst part...and I used to be a strong person , and I hate myself for getting into this position. Once again , any advise would help. My husband dosent even know I take the pills , so I could use your support.Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Hi hun;
I know what I am about to say is going to sound impossible to you. But from my experience? I could NOT do this alone. Not a chance. I was able to get myself to taper, but I could not tell anyone. However, with the help of everyone here...I did finally open up.

First to my Dr, then to my best friend. My best friend is who I was worried about the most. She is totally against pain medication. However to my suprise when I did tell her, she is helping me through this.

What I am trying to say is this...even though your husband does not know...you will feel so much better if you tell him. Going through this alone is HELL. The forum is awsome, the people are just great! But at the same time, we need someone who we can get to on a one on one. I would talk to your husband. HIm of all people can help you. He is with you 24/7 and for those worst times he can comfort you through. If anything, have him read this forum. I have suggested this to many who did not think their significant others would understand, or be upset. However, once reading through this forum got a BIG eye opener and a huge understanding that this illness we all carry is NOT our faults. To their suprise, their b/fs, g/fs, family, hubby, whoever..took a total understanding to all of this. The fact we want out, and admitting it is the first thing. The mental part of all of this is extremely hard. But if you can share this with someone close to you, they can help you. Educate him as much as you can, and yourself. You are in the right place here in the forum. Tons of great info, personal experiences, suggestions, etc. Or look up for some aa meetings, anything to get yourself help. But you really should be open and honest with your husband. He loves you, and I am sure once he understands he will be there for you in every way that counts hun.
Good luck.
Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.