Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 10- Oxy Withdrawal ....still hurting

Hello All,
It's comforting to read of others gong through what I am...maybe a case of misery loves company. I've used our local remedies to which my Dr., who prescribed the poison, has added clonidine and valium. I'm not sure they are doing any real good.
The hot baths feel like the best medicine.
The RLS is lessening but my major issue is SLEEP...can't do it..I'm as weak as a cat and have to stop after waolking just a few feet.
thanks,
brian
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ive been looking for someone to talk to about this. I know how you feel , I have gone through withdrawl before....getting ready to do it again. For me , the mental part is the worst. Any suggestions for that? I wanted to tell you , immodium works great , it is somehow in the " opiate " family...I dont remember all the facts , but I do know it REALLY helps , not just for the many bathroom visits , but with the other withdrawl symptoms as well. You have to take quite a few in the morning ( 4 ) it wont hurt you...then take 2 at a time every 4-6 hours. You will be SURPRISED at how much it helps with physical withdrawl symptoms.
Helpful - 0
nikki,
I'm grateful that my addiction was fortunately only physical...I've NO cravings for more of that stuff....on it for a long time before and after a hip replacement...no one told me there would be a price to pay for the comfort I thought I needed. My "mental" part was feeling stripped bare in w/d, no emotional guards. I literally cried for days, and that is not like me...I don't do that.
Thanks for the imodium tip..haven't needed it for thee typical reason...but you say it has special properties for us...wil get it today!
brian
Helpful - 0
Feeling weak is normal when going thru w/d...just remember everything that youre feeling is normal.  I remember getting out of bed and walking thru the hallway of my house; back and forth to try and build up my strength.  I was like, what the heck is going on..am I learning to walk again?  Like I said, its normal and only lasts a few days; just hold on to that.  It is comforting to read from and talk to people that are going thru exactly what u are going thru..it will make u realize that u are not going crazy and that things will get better; so stick around and stay strong.
Helpful - 0
Man I've been sick for about 26 days and I am just startin to be able to move around now. I was also taking 20 80mg a day through injection. Maybe that's why I been sick so long. If u get mental cravings post on this forum. Or feel free to hit me up on aim screen name alpoazie if u need some questions answered quickly
Helpful - 0
If you look around these postes , you will find information on the immoduim . That is where I found out about it. It truly does help. Best of luck to you , and let me know if you find it helpful for you , and remember , it wont hurt you , just beware of constipation , if you arent having the usual " bathroom visits " that come with withdrawl , I would hate for you to have to deal with constipation on top of everything else. Maybe try 2 pills and see how that works , then 1 every 4-6 hours...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.