Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Awful Cold Turkey Slap in the Face

Ive been silently reading on and off the pain and suffering of all of you and its such a terrible shame that someone has to just put up with the pain or put up with the adverse affects of taking opiates.  What a catch 22.
Im both -terrible back pain - thoracic frature that no one can do nought about, and a heriated disc joy to boot.  I WAS getting some very helpful support on the dreaded Hydrocodone.  Sadly my scripts have stopped coming - right in the middle of tapering off so that I can try some other medthods.  I too like many of you take care of a toddler, work full-time and run just about every errand there is.  I have nothing now and have been slapped with cold turkey by default. I have a pain management apt next week, not sure how that flows???  Im feeling all your pain...just thought Id add my 10 cents of pain to keep the misery loves misery for company flowing....Im miserable right now.....
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have been going to pain management and they do give great  meds, but, if you do want to come off of them they do offer other things that could possibly help you.  I got epiduals in the back,  They effect everybody diffrently, but, they do help me some. They put steriods in your back and it did help me quite a bit.  Each treatment is diffrent so if one doesnt help then you should go back and they can do another procedure.  I started going for pills, but, they do have some other options.  Good luck with this,,  Keep in mind that when you do get the opiates out of your system that you wont be in so much pain,,, The pain is enhanced right now like a hundred times.. I pray that you are stonger than I am... Good luck with your journey
Helpful - 0
I thought I would share with you my experience with the pain management clinic. I too was sent there, but of course at that time I didn't want off the meds. I quit going and made up every excuse I could think of.

However..what they were going to do for me was..try other methods...although I had already been through almost every other there was. They wanted me to go to a Pain Managemnt meeting every week which I did not end up having to do. Like I said I somehow convinced my Doc that I did not belong there.
They were going to ween me off my meds. I think that was the whole reason I was sent there.

They will help you with that, as well as try lots of other things that you haven't yet tried. I also was given a tens unit to use on my back which works sometimes. It's just those electrodes and it gives me a current to mny back. I can adjust to my own comfort.

So just thought I would let you know if you were wondering what it is they do for you at the Pain Management Clinic. Looking back now I wish I had stuck it out, because I probably would have been all done by now with my oh so precious at the time vicodins.

Good luck to you, and please keep us posted!
Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.