Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Vicaddict

Hey, I read your post earlier about not being able to get out of bed.  I know this feeling you get out grab the wall adjust and then shuffle lean turn lean yadda yadda.  You will lose weight going through w/d and if you can get your pills down it will give you a better indicator of your pain level.  I actually feel less pain then I did on the pills.  So the other day when I took 1 pill I knew this really hurts and I waited a good 3 hours and ran through a bunch of other stuff to get rid of it.  My pain doctor said that a lot of my pain was being causec by my weight and at 6 ft I can carry more than others.  Anyway.  I refuse to have anymore invasive procedures done until I'm back to 135 140.  So keep it up. It will get better.  Stretch out on the floor that helps and keep moving.  Things will loosen up and if you can go to a chiroprator.  They can heip alot.  You can do this.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Cool, thanks for the info hun. I will have to get one of these. That would be wonderbar if that helped. I think it IS from my stomach weight in all honesty.

Ty again hun!! I will let you know!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
I'm doing great a little sore from working and craving a pill out of habit after work but not giving into it.  This will sound weird. I don't know what size you are but it might help, it did for me, to sleep in a back brace you know the kind they wear at home depot only no suspenders.  If you can't sleep in it then put it on the minute you get up you can put it on while lying down.  It helps hold up the core which may be weak and tired from stomach weight.  I was serious when I said you've got to get off the meds to get a really good indicator of what your pain level really is.   These things cause pain after a while.  My sister told that and I thought she was full of **** but she was right.  So try the back brace.  You will have to get a man size and if they don't have it the pharmacist can order it for you or call a specialty store for hospital supplies.  They also make a seat that sits up higher.  That might help in the short term.  
My appetite since going off the meds is almost nil.  I ate like a pig on these pills but now that I'm off I'm back to my routine of snacking on stuff 5-6 times a day.  I'm not a 3 meal a day girl.  

Helpful - 0
Hey hun! Thanks for this post! Yes you nailed it on the head with the "grabbing the wall"..adjust..etc etc. It so suckkkks!

My wall is NOT right by my bed however..I have to TRY and roll here and there until I can finally get to how I can push myself up to a sitting posistion. Then..TRYING to get up to standing is another fight..push down hard as I have to on my thighs to stand up. Then out comes a HUGE OWWWWWW!then I hang onto the wall and walk my way to where I have to go.

I have a personal question to. I have a hell of a time getting on the toilet in the morning!
( I know Im so blunt, LOL!) Well, I can get on it fine..but I can't twist myself and stuff..you know to cleanse. I do it obviosuly but omg the pain! After I am up and have a pill in me it's about an hour and I am fine. But now I will have to find a way around without the pills as soon I won't be taking them at all. This was EXACTLY how I was before I found out I had to have surgery. I had 2 slipped discs...those were removed and fused. I was pain free almost a whole year...but it slowly srpet back. Thus going back on the pain meds. But I notice now it seems worse. I have gained alot too since then. I think alot of my weight gain specially in the stomach is from these pills too. But I guess I will find out when I am finished with those.
But, yeah it really sucks. I just cannot imagine how some people who have even more discs herniated, etc..or do w/o meds..how they manage.
How are you doing with everything by the way?

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.