Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Some confirmed research

I truly hate to sit and eat.   *rolling eyes*... unless we are out for dinner.  I hate making the mess of cooking and then eating and then cleaning the kitchen after dinner.   I do it...but I don't like it.

I've been doing a hell of a lot of reading on daily intake of food, supplements, etc., in an attempt to re-build my neurotransmitters and resupply my body with amino acids.

A human body needs between 60-90 grams of protein a day.   The best protein is Animal protein for us... i.e., fish, Turkey, Chicken, Steak.  Given the fact that a half of Chicken Breast is only like 17 -20 grams of protein... I've (FOR THE LAST 5-YEARS) use supplements of pre-digested Whey protein to supplement for what I don't eat.  It comes in flavors... normal us.. can't take more than 20 grams of protein efficeiently at a time so I drink the supplements 3 x's a day.  Body Builders and those well built exercise fanatics only can absorb tops 30 grams at a time.  But for us normal folks.. it's about 20.  So doing more at one time is a waste of calories.

I also take.. A multi-vitamin ... a B-Complex...Calcium Citrate, Iron, Vit. C and now one L-Tyrosine 500mgs, and a Zinc and a Vit D (to help w/calcium absorption) every day.   Iron is not a friendly vitamin and should never be taken inclusive with a daily... it will not be absorbed.  I take it alone mid-day with a Vit C...Iron needs acid to absorb.

I've been hyper attentive to my eating habits since my W/D scenario I feel as though maintaining nutrition is paramount to getting my body back on tract more quickly... continued...
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
As u can see in posts tonite I am having problems getting my eating under control.  I see u and others mentioned L-tryosine..what exactly is that and what does it do for you?  Can I get it at the vitamin shops?
Helpful - 0
I'm a bit older than most of you.  Generally in good health.  My blood pressure runs a bit low... but I guess I should be thankful for that... too low ... I get tired.

Anway...the more research I'm doing about PAW, and w/d...and losing 12 lbs during my "faked flu" wile I was not eating and going through w/d for 4 days... I have found that eating three x's a day ... protein enriched foods like fish with lots of omega 3... and the supplements really do help.   When I don't drink Protein (and in the beginning I hated the taste of it) my body actually craves it.   I take 20 grams 1st thing in the morning...then again @ 3pm... and a drink of this stuff at bedtime... and Vit schedule is structured as well.. if anyone is interested I'll post that as well.

I drink 64 oz of just WATER a day...In addition to Crystal Light on the go packs.. drinking (which I never used to do) really helps... and I don't know why.    One thing... I used to drink coffee all day long... ALL DAY... 20 OZ cups at a time.  Since this W/D thing.. my Anxiety level is just not set right yet... I can't even get through my first cup in the morning I sorta lost my taste for it...but it really does add to me feeling anxious (and I hate that feeling) so I just stopped drinking it... but I lost my taste for it.   It's not like I made an assertive effort to stop.   I just can not deal with this level of Anxiety.

I'm realizing that chocolate, in addition to the junk food I can wolf down during the day...just adds to elevations in blood sugar levels and adds to my anxiety problem.  I never had this anxiety thing before either....so I'm being proactive here.

I'm trying to get back to my 120 lb weight.  I don't even like the way my face looks right now.

Just thought I'd share some of this...maybe it will help someone.

In addition to all the above ... becoming regimented w/my eating habits and doing research on same...somehow takes my mind off of all the other (I want a pill) ****.

Maybe these tid-bits will help someone.

Gip

I can finish a lb of cookies in an hour.   Cookies are my 2nd drug of choice and I refuse to give them up...LOL
Helpful - 0
It's interesting that you mention diet.  Since comimg off my meds I have not had much of an appetite.  I have been getting the shakes and sweats.  I have been checking my blood sugar and it was thru the roof.  So the last 3 days I have cut out every drop of sugar including those carbs that convert to sugar. Potatoes bread rice.  I have been eating protein and green foods and what a difference it has made.  No more shakes and sweats and I thinks thats why I have been able to go back to work and actually accomplish something.  I take a supplement in the morning with fiber and chromium piclonate to regulate blood sugar as well as my multivitamin.  I have yet to add the l ty thing but I'm going to consider it if my energy is not back to where it needs to be after the weekend.  
I too am a huge water drinkier the carmel coloring in soda including diet will raise your blood sugar levels.
Helpful - 0
Hey give me your address and I'll mail you some of my pounds I have lots to go around.:-)
Helpful - 0
L-Tyrosine is a free form Amino Acid... the Thomas Recipe says take 4 pills in the morning...but it's way too much for me...makes me jittery.  Supposed to restor energy and it is supposed to help re-set neurotransmitters into working again after being dormant from drug abuse/or use.

Yes... it's available at Vitamin Shoppe... relatively inexpensive... I'm not so sure it's doing anything, and will certainly not help w/eating...I'm not an advocate of any weight loss "pills" ...never have been, even over the counter ones seem to have a bunch of caffine, and caffine itself produces hunger...although I deal with pts all the time who have severe weight issues and eating disorders.

Sugar, caffiene, white flour, gluten, dense carbs (like bread and pizza) all trigger more hunger and really cause havoc with blood sugar levels.  

Gaining weight is not good... because losing it is more difficult than drug w/d .... we all need to eat so there is no such thing as Cold Turkey w/food.  There are BMI calculators all over the web... they will give you your Body Mass Index... if your Body Mass Index is over 25 - 27...all you need to do is up your protein intake... reduce white flour and white sugar...avoid anything with gluten (deadly additive in my opinion) and I walk (always did) 2-miles a day... unless it's a day where it's so cold my eyeballs freeze... I walk with the dog in the morning 2 miles... Some exercise fanatics will say walking is not enough...but it's what I can do... so I do walk.
Not so old...but not so young either and I do have degenerative artritis and walking helps to keep me limber.  Helps with the pain issues as well.

Gip
Helpful - 0
I'll take about 10 lbs... LOL... how much you want for it...

ROFL....

My clothes are hanging and I just don't want to buy a smaller size ... I want to stay where I was....

You guys...I work with obesity patients... if I can help anyone... I'll be more than happy to help.

Check on your BMI... as I said there are calculators all over the web... lemme know ....

Gip
Helpful - 0
I'll check out my BMI and let u know..I'm definetly interested in trying a different eating regimine to take off some weight; when I was on the vics was never a problem; didnt want to eat to take anything away from my buzz (see how bad it got..insane).  I'll be in touch with u about the diet info...thanx again
Helpful - 0
It will be my pleasure to help... this is an area that has been in my life for the last 5-years.  If I don't have answers, I have nutritionist to help me.

I am humbled by your trust and confidence.

Gip
Helpful - 0
OMG! I thought I was the ONLY one who did this....and it is the ONE thing I forgot to even mention throughout all of my rambling the past month!

I didn't eat but once a day, sometimes 2 when I was doing all the vics. I just like Vere said...I wanted to wait until my Buzz was in effect and or gone!

How odd is that!! WOW! I never thought anyone else would have did the same! LOL

Tracy

and ps gip??

Umm...I will also give you some LBS! NO CHARGE! LMAO
Helpful - 0
Just a note for you Soda addicts

Soda in any form... diet soda / sugar free soda/carbonated beverages in general are the most deadly for people who need to lose weight.

Take a ballon... and a bottle of soda...open the bottle... not a can... and just place the ballon over the bottle and let it set over night... in the morning you will see that the baloon is now expanded... full of gases from the carbonation.

Now ...consdier the stomach...it has the capability of stretching... and restretching ... think of the baloon...each time you stretch it... it needs more air to fill it.  Those gases from soda work the same way in our stomachs...the more we stretch the walls of the stomach ...the more food we eat...the more we eat the more we stretch the more we CAN eat...soda is deadly...

I used to drink Diet Pepsi all day at least 12 cans a day.  Stopped... lost 15 lbs in a month... never EVER do I drink soda anymore.  Once I saw that little demonstration... it's just not worth it to me.

Just a bit of tid bit no never mind to whomever may be interested.

Gip
Helpful - 0
OMG..how interesting!! UGGGH, I am an AVID Diet Pepsi drinker too!! And coffee. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Guess I need to readjust some of this as well.

Thanks for this info g/f!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.