Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

W/D C/T Day FOUR

Hi Gang! End of Day FOUR. Longer moments of feeling better and more of them. While I am grateful for this, it also startles me when I feel 'less good'. (Leave it to an addict to turn a good thing into a bad one--ha, ha). The past three days had very 'vivid' w/d symptoms. Today sorta vague, gray but looming ... weird.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There is no prediction involved... you are who you are.

Thing is w/o substance .... you have more of a choice on who you could be....

Pills just deaden the choices we make.

You really have to # 1... be ready to stop.

# 2.  Be ready to go through getting to yourself

# 3.  Then you have to be ready to pick yourself up by the bootstraps... dust and vaccuum yourself...and become the best of yourself.

They are all choices...

None of us have crystal balls... well I have one but my batteries on it are dead...<G>  The future to any of us is not a "known factor"....

Everyone... EVERYONE is entitled to live the life they want for themselves.... only thing is... sometimes there are mountains... (pills) ... mountains we have to climb so see where that life path leads.

Gip
Helpful - 0
Here's the thing (and this is 100% scientific in response to your questions): when we use the drugs, the 'opiat receptors' in our brians become activated. By being activated, they decrease/prevent our brain from mkaing OTHER neurochemicals that we need. Thus, while we (and our tolerance goes up), our 'bottom' sinks further down. Thus, we face w/d and then ease from these things AND what we do have to look forward to is our brian's immediate and rapid restoration (it may take a while but it begins to correct itself when the drugs are OUT of our system!) So, you come down from w/d (come out of the throws of it), catch your breathe, feel relief from the reprieve AND then get to HEAL and SEE your REAL SELF RETURN. Thus, the answer is YES--this is not in any sort of 'la la woo woo' theory, it is based on COLD HARD SCIENCE!! HORRAY!!
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
Thanks for writing!  you're saying exactly what I'm afraid of (I tried and failed at c/t and am gearing up for another try)... that I'll lose my happy outgoing inspirational self, and what if it doesn't really come back??  or what if takes months and months to feel "normal" again??... the opiates are wierd (bad) giving me energy on the one hand and stealing it/draining it drip by drip on the other...  Good Luck to you!!  sounds like you're definitely gonna make it!!
Helpful - 0
Thanks, Gip! It is so nice to know someone was thinking of me. You see, I have loads of friends and a great job and all that with whom I am very close EXCEPT I am now going through 'this' and have chosen not to fill them in (they would all probably be great but I'd rather just deal and move forward). So it's like there's this 'thing' preoccupying me and folks sense that I am a bit withdrawn and 'under the weather'. They miss the active, enthusiastic, outgoing, helpful ME. I know they would never encourage my drug use if they knew it was due to that but it's hard ... I KNOW I am all those things and will be again but it feels so isolating (even tho my choice).
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
Glad that you're such a hardheaded coldcalculating scientific thinker!!  on the other hand, what if my "real self" that re-emerges once my brain eventually heals and recovers is not the energetically warm and inspiring self that the meds were stimulating, but the "realer self" that I was taking drugs to deaden in the first place!  uh-oh!  fortunately, there ain't much real choice, it's pretty much a "no brainer" (heh-heh) that I've gotta get off the pill-go-round... it's killing me (drip-drop-drip at a time)... Thank You for the encouraging scientific findings!     Good Luck to you!  Sounds like you've got the beast down for the first round... ... hope you feel better, much better, soonest       Nefesh
Helpful - 0
All I know is that with drugs in our system and/or w/d going on, there is NO way we can even BEGIN to accuraetly self-examine or predeict how (or WHO) we will will be. Hugs!
Helpful - 0
I was thinking about you today...How are you...

4 days ... yer almost there.... Physical symptoms should be pretty well under control by this time...

WTG!

Today is 5 weeks for me... and it is getting better.   I've noticed for myself the busier I am the better off I am.. so I am trying desparately to stay busy.

Your post are encouraging... I'm glad you are joining us for a bit

Gip
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.