Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 3, not so bad i guess

Hey all, I guess i'm just keeping everyone posted on my situation. Here I am, 9:37PM on my third day of recovery and first day of my tapering schedule. So far it's going pretty well. I'm takin 1/2 a Norco every 6 hours today. Tomorrow I will take 1/2 every 8 hours for the next 3 days, then 1/2 every 12 hours for 3 days, then 1/2 once a day for 3 days. I'm getting really hopeful because the last day of my schedule is my 20th birthday, February 3rd. I'm going to celebrate by taking that last half of a pill and flushing the rest of them down the toilet. It keeps me motivated. I started supplimenting with Valerian Root today and it helps a lot. Takes the edge off the w/d sympotoms. I've seen a couple posts about how it doesnt work but those people said they only took 1 or 2 tablets and the serving size is 3..I take 4 at a time just to make sure it works and another 2 here and there every 4 hours or so...It really helps, I think i'm actually going to get a good night's sleep tonight, what a relief. I really feel blessed that it's going so well so far but I know its still a long road to freedom and I've just started. Tomorrow i get to go visit my girlfriend and I can't wait. It's really going to help a lot to be with her, we've been together for 2 1/2 years and she means the world to me. She's half the reason I wanted to stop taking Norco in the first place. DAMN THIS DRUG. Good luck to every one, hope my situation helps you all.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good job!! Have a great time! These drugs prevent true connections with others, even those we love. We can rememebr the connections but can't really feel them. This starts to come back and it F*CKING ROCKS!
Helpful - 0
WAY TO GO!! I am so envious! I saw alot tonight in here on this Valerian Root. Is this an all natural vitamin? I think I NEED to try this! I may go tomorrow and get it. I really am interested and curious in it.

Thank you for posting this!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
It's an herb, and yes it's all natural. When you get down to the nitty gritty its what Valium is made with, that and other chemicals of course. But yes it's all natural, it shouldnt be taken with anti-depressants and definately don't take too many, like no more than 10 a day, i guess long term its bad for the liver but then again so is the Norco i've been popping for 4 months so i guess you give and take, lol...I got it at Meijer(the major shopping center in the Midwest, I'm from Grand Rapids, MI) for $9 for 100 capsules. I think it works great and for $9 i think it's worth a try, just make sure you take at least 3 at a time or else it wont do anything, the serving size is 3 anyway. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Well figures..it's out for me. ( HUGE SIGH)

I am on antidepressant. Celexa. Damn!

Oh well...I am sure there are other things I can get too.

Thank you for making me aware of this!

Huggs
Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.