Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day #3 of new taper almost over-Feel like I'm going crazy

I didn't feel too bad all day. Now again tonight...even worse than last night. I cannot sit still! I slept on and off again ALL afternoon. From 2pm until 8pm....just want to sleep! I feel like doing NOTHING again. I am crying, don't know why AGAIN. Well I know why but this is day #3, shouldn't I be feeling better? And not worse?
I want nothing more than to pop 2 vics in my mouth RIGHT NOW, and feel better! I can't b/c they are out of my reach..which is how I wanted it. What was I thinking!!??? Can I REALLY do this? I can't function like this either, how I am right now.

I feel like just jumping out of my skin right now. Sweating and anxious bigtime. I have muscle relaxers, and I thought abut taking one of those but I won't. I don't want to go to sleep! I want to FEEL! This is crazy! I am thinking of everything I have neglected the past yr b.c of my addiction. My kids....things I have not done with them. I really was not a mother this past yr at all. I can never get that yr back!Sure I did the laundry, cooked, made sure they got to school, etc etc. But that is ALL I did and in between that I was doing my pills and or sleeping. I feel horrible inside. I didn't do anything that did not have to be done. Although my kids don't know about my addiction, they knew something wasn't right with me. Am I just feeling self pity? I just wish I couldf have this past year back and redo it all over again. My house looks like a tornado hit it..I have ot cleaned in I do not know how long. Except for the spot cleaning, and stuff you know. WHEN will I start to feel normal? I am so scared.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You guys...it is soooo good to catch up.. The words here are so needed even if I don't feel the need to post for tons of help (right now) I always love to read what everyone else is doing.  I become so inspired.  Stay in the good fight.

Peace
Helpful - 0
I know that feeling so well.  It has helped me to see other folks making it one more day.  having tried both taper and c/t, I think the taper is harder; either way the w/d symptoms do get less; hang on one more day for me, will you, it would help me a lot. jaxa
Helpful - 0
What is it you are wondering you can't do? Can you commit to not taking any tonight? Just tonight? Worry about tomorrow TOMORROW--don't get BPS (Big Picture Syndrome) it will freak you OUT--like looking at the sun. Just look at the tree line, pick a 'tree' (like, say, 8 AM tomorrow) and just walk towards the tree. Dont' worry about what you're gonna do at that tree. SERIOUSLY!!
Helpful - 0
To me, it really sounds like what you are feeling IS the withdrawal. I was drowning in sorrow for 48 hours--inconsolable and then, like a thunder storm, it was gone. Meaning, it took 48 hours whether I slept, cleaned, was on the Message Board, whatever. Just like with a cold or flu--you have it as longas you have it no matter what activities you are doing. This isn't to make you feel hopeless, just that it will PASS as quickly as it came and you will KNOW for sure that this was the w/d. I am not discounting feelings but what you describe sound very pysiologic. NO LESS REAL but just something that needs to be weathered out--not figured out.
Helpful - 0
Read the stone i posted. I pulled for you creek and oxymom
Helpful - 0
Yeah--you taper folks are BRAVE--I hated how I felt when I was running out and tapering would just seem like an organized version of me running out by accident. lol
Helpful - 0
I just don't know if I can do this! I honestly am starting to doubt myself.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.