Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Want to be heard too !!!

Hi Everyone, This is only my second post since going c/t on Monday. I have been here listening since then and it really helps. On day 6 and the physical stuff is pretty well gone. I almost think the emotional is harder.One minute I feel awesome the next I want just one.(Just got off the phone w/a connection & I didnt even ask.)I'm puppy sitting for my daughters Bullmastiff & that keeps me occupied when I'm not on here. Eating seems to help too. I'm 108 now, probably not for long. If it wasnt so F----- cold out I'd get some fresh air. Laying on the beach in Mexico would be awesome therapy r/now. Does anyone think upping my Paxil a bit would help? Thanx everyone for keeping me going & sane. Talk to me !!!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Way to go!!!  Day 6 sounds great.  I am starting my detox over again tomorrow.  I failed last week, I made it to day 2, and that was two long days of complete hell and I had to take some pills just to get out of bed to go to the doctor to get some zanax.  I do applaud you and I hope you stay strong,,  Im not sure if the paxil will help, but, I know the longer you go clean the easier it is supposed to get,,, Good luck to you,,,
Helpful - 0
Hi hun!
WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am on day 4 of a taper. I don't feel bad right now, but yesterday I was the same way then nightime hit and I was a wreck!

I am glad to hear how well you are doing! I guess I would not "up" the paxil w/o talking to your dr first. You don't want to up it yourself then not be able to come down then of course would be the same boat as the Vicodin..needing more and not having enough. I know it's not the same as the Vicosin but I guess what I am trying to say is...if you get to feeling better on a higher dose ( self prescribed) what will happen when you run out, because you took more than prescribed. Make Sence? All of these drugs even the antidepressants you have to be weened off. You will suffer w/ds from them as well if on them a length of time. Like me I have been on them for geez most of my life actually. But you get what I am trying to say. :)
But that is just my suggestion.

I have to run for a bit but I will be back later. Post as much as you need to  hun.....someone is always here. I will also check back on you when I get back on.

Take care of yourself today!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.