Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Sat. night -- HI FRIENDS! A formal check in so we all know how we're all doing.

I am so bossy. :)
15 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am new here.  My Dr. took me off pain pills Tues morning!  I have none left!  The Dr. sent me to a clinic with an appt on Th., I started signing papers but when it came to actually checking in for out patient treatment, I couldn't do it and decided to go it on my own and with the help of God!   The intake worker asked me if I was "trying to get some street drugs"  I said, "WHAT?"  I thought I misunderstood her!  My counseling appt was to be on Monday!  No help until Monday.  I typed in "Hydrocodone detox" on my search and found this site!    I am doing okay except I still have pain (I think) my Dr. said it is my body wanting the hydrocodone.  My Dr. gave me no step down drugs and no alternative.  Goodbye and Good Luck I guess!  I am following Thomas' Rx.  I am doing okay except I am getting a head cold so that is not good!

THANKS to all who are here to help!
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
thanks, I guess so... seem to be longggg on the development side... wondering if/when I'll really be getting to the "execution" phase...
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
My plan is to get through tonight at work with the one and half I have left. Tommorow go to doc and hopefully get 10-20 to continue tapering. Since I have been taking 3 7.5mg a day for 2 weeks or so, I will take 2 1/2 tommorrow. Then 2 on Monday-Wednesday. And so on..They will probably give me 5mg at the clinic so I will take mg according to what I was taking.
Helpful - 0
YES--and it's good to plan the exact taper regimine which is what you're doing so that's GREAT. (Otherwise, it can become a bit negotiable which is certain failure for us addicts!)
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
evenin' all!  ain't been around much past few days but after I (hopefully) survive the weak-end I be back... seriously considering doing the Thomas Recipe this week and going C/T... a scary thought indeed... did rapid detox in a clinic once which got me off low-dose methadone but not all the other stuff (lotsa darvocet and codeine, some percs on the side)which I tried to do C/T and failed miserably because I had no plan/ no prep, was just sick of pill-go-round... this time I've been gearing up on this site on and off for the past three (?) weeks and the Recipe looks like my only real hope, with Heaven's help...  hoping and praying that everyone here is doing well and better every minute every day step at a time...  get a good night's sleep when the time comes round; one way or 'tother we've got a new morning out there tomorrow!  take good care,  Nefesh       p.s. LS, please check your mail!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you're developing a plan!!
Helpful - 0
Sounds like a good plan to me as well Fla. I wish you the strength, courage and comfort you need right now to get you through this. It will all work out. Just takes time, I know I am still craving awfully. ANd it just sucks! You will feel so much better when you get down on that taper. What your doing now sounds just dandy to me!
I hope you have a good night hun!

Fresh! How are you???!!! Was wondering how you were and where ya been!

I wish you all the same...comfort, strength, and the courage to get through this horrible fight.

Thinking of everyone, please keep us posted!

Huggs
Tracy
Helpful - 0
Of course! You are one of US (unfortuanetly for you -- ha, ha)

Jessica
Helpful - 0
Well..the good thing is you are going to do it, you have admitted. It took me to do that to get where I am now. I finally am on a taper...today is day #4. I went from 10/day smack down to 3/day. My pills are with my best friend who lives next door. I have NO access to them. She has them hidden!

It sucks..it really does no doubt. Howevre, I knew if I did not do this I would never do it on my own. I had to swallow my pride and reach out. With her and everyone here, has just been a godsend.

Without this forum I don't know if I would be this far. I honestly don't. I had no courage to tackle this a month ago!

I am not close to being "recovered" but I can't focus on that. I have to focus on "now" and worry about later, later.

I wish you all the best! Do keep us posted hun!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
Hanging in there no pills taken since monday morning, so am in day five (six nights done) of c/t; this is longest since mid-2003 for me; feeling much better, though still "burnt"; will post later on what specifically has helped most. jaxa
Helpful - 0
Hangin in there too.  Doing housework to keep my mind off of stuff.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I will start getting ready for work soon. Should distract me. I have one 7.5mg left that I am gonna split in half to get me through til tommorrow. And since I work at a bar on Saturdays I will have a drink to relax a bit. I will get home around 4am and hopefully just go to sleep...
Helpful - 0
I hear ya...I waited till like 4 days ago to have a glass of wine.  Super paranoid that I would start to abuse that too.  Alot of people think that I am being overly cautious...its just that when you go thru something like this it scares the **** out of you.  Work will be good for you; keep you busy.
Helpful - 0
The time is now!  Take off your shoes, jump in, dance.  Stop waiting.  I waited for eight years to get off the development stage and onto the action phase.

Without the promting of this forum that may not have happened yet.  It is scary as hell and exciting as hell!!

Keep me posted and get going!  YOU CAN DO IT!!  If I can do it ANYONE can do it.  

Peace
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Thanks so much for talking with me. Also a thanks to vicaddict.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.