Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

RE: WHAT WE WON'T MISS AFTER THE PILLS-WHAT WILL WE BE MOST HAPPY ABOUT W/O?

In Jessica's thread she asked what we would NOT miss when we are fully recovered.
Now I was thinking...because I loved that thread so much,
(THANKS JESICA!)
I am now making myself a pros/cons list. I thought maybe if we post on what we will look most forward to being off the drug.?

WHat do ya think? Even if it takes someone out of their "uncomforabtle being" for just a little while, it is worth the post. I am going to start with what I am looking forward to most. And it can be more than one thing!

What I look forward to most is:
Being clear headed and functionial w/o my drug
Being in the "moment" with my children/friends/family..etc
Being able to say I am a "Recovered Addict" vs I am recovering
Being able to help so many others (while totally clean) and educate them as much as I can from my own personal experiences
The feeling of being Free
KNowing that I made it through this and learned one hell of a lesson, one I will reflect on the rest of my life.
God does not throw anything towards us that we cannot handle..
That being said..I wish everyone the courage, strength, and support they need to get them through this.
This CAN be done, and together we all will get there!
Bless everyone of you!
Tracy
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am looking foward to:

1. Being in the moment (vs. going back and forth between how much I took to how much I have left)

2. Wanting a sexual relationship (sorry but drugs just sucked this outta me)

3. Feeling enthusiastic about something -- ANYTHING -- without being high

4. At first I felt like the drugs came me AUTHORITY over my emotions and MOODS (something I had akways lacked--feeling helpless over depression no matter what I did, etc.) but then I realize that it TOOK my emotions (both when on them and even when not) and my mood was terribly dependentupon THEM which made me preoccupied, blah, blah, blah

SO, I am looking forwards to having feelings and moods like everyone else and not trying to beat the system (so to speak).
Helpful - 0
Awsome post! Like I said you are so much better with vocabulary than I am! LOL

I love the response! Helps me a ton!

Thank you for jumping in!

Huggs
Tracy
Helpful - 0
I can't help it -- I always have something to say!
Helpful - 0
Yes you do, but always is something valuable! I don't think anyone else liked this thread.
**sigh**

:(

Tracy
Helpful - 0
I know--what's up with that sh*t?
Helpful - 0
I liked it!!! I used to feel like there was something to look forward to but now I feel like I am losing my grip!!! What I was looking forward to was:
1) New Friends, different people to associate with that did things besides drugs to have fun (go out 2 lunch, movies, go 2 the mall and window shop and act like idiots LOL stupid things that just make you laugh all the time:)
2)Becoming a better me, a stronger person who learned from this mistake in my life, and who changed it!!!
3)Not letting my daughter down, being there the way my mother wasn't well, at least the way she let me down when she started getting high!
4)Starting new!!!! Just feeling better all around, having energy w/o drugs, smelling fresh air w/o drugs, having a life w/o drugs, doing EVERYTHING W/O DRUGS!!!
5)And soooo much more!!!!!!
For some reason I am letting myself go, I'm depressed with everything and I know it's normal, I've been doing okay with holding on, writing this actually made me feel a little better, but I don't know. I did like your post though!! I always used to tell everyone here to do this, write what would be so good w/o drugs and what do you have with them? But it seems I'm falling apart, I haven't fell, yet anyway, but I feel like I am ready to crash and explode, my daughter is the only thread holding me back!!! Someone on here must not like me though cause all my posts keep getting erased for some reason! Lets see if any go through this time?
Helpful - 0
this is a good thread; been thinking:

-waking up with a clear head and wanting to keep it that way
-getting back up in the mountains early in the morning for a long walk/run and feeling energized(instead of choking down chewed pills and dragging around all day)
-remembering how good it feels just to stand on the ground and breathe and move outside the fog--used to love to do tai chi; I let the pills take that away from me; I will be happy to get that back
-freedom from the cycles of ups and downs
-peace of mind to think about something else (how much time did I spend worrying on the thousands of details of this habit?)
-being centered/grounded again

--thanks all, jaxa

Helpful - 0
Ditto man.  I know the feeling of wanting "feelings" back.  It is ok to experience them all...imagine it without drugs.  Whooaa.

You say the things I have been feeling for sooooo long.  I really enjoy your posts and you have touched me.  When someone comes so close to nailing to story I have...the pain I feel,  the **** I go through.  Well, that is just liberating to know I AM NOT ALONE.  and because of this addiction I am not less of a person than I used to be.  

I have earned the right to be clean!!!!!  My mind body and soul deserve to be clean.

Peace
Helpful - 0
You have not EARNED the right to be clean -- you were BORN with the inherent RIGHT and WORTHINESS and you did not fofeit this by having a drug addiction. You have it NOW, you have ALWAYS had it. You have a right to have a good life.

Like someone said to me in treatement, using doesn't excuse anything you've done but you better THANK GOD it explains it.

We have been hijacked by addiction. It IS the product of our choices TO BE SURE but NONE of us would have gotten on the bus if we knew it was going to turn out like this. And we are using all our might to get back!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.