Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

withdrawl from pot

Once you have ruined the ability to be a social user can you ever get that back? I have smoked for many years but would like to be able to once in awhile. I did used to drink alot and fear that is will I will head back into or will sobriety be my only way?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you have a routine issue. it is part of day to day life, so thats what you do. you will have to cut pot out.
Helpful - 0
I was advised that once one turns from a cucumber into a pickle (user to addict) there isn't any 'going back'. It's different for each of us but, in my opinion, I would set my sights on how to achieve sobriety instead of how to revert to a 'social user'. Just my thoughts, is all. :)
Helpful - 0
I was a chronic....for years....Then I quit for lol years.....Then I started back up again...and I have been a on and off smoker for lol about 3 years now....I dont smoke everyday...but I do for the most part at night...to help me sleep.......I usually just smoke because I want to sleep....So thats the jist of it...for me anyways....

Helpful - 0
hey theres nothng wrong w/smoking weed but if you feel its apromblem and cant just do it once in a while then quit, but if the fear of drinking is there then stick w/the lesser of 2 evils
Helpful - 0
The key for me is not having access to it.  I am a heavy pot smoker, but can easily travel without it for several days and have even stopped for months at a time when I was applying for life insurance.  As crazy as it sounds, we keep it locked up (my husband is an occasional smoker only) and he takes the key with him to work. (Otherwise, I come up with a b.s. reason that I "had" to smoke and end up staying baked all day.)  And then he gives me the key after our son goes to bed and I smoke a bowl to unwind.  That way I am not panicking about not having any, so I can enjoy the evening with my family.  (But that is not to say that sometimes I don't meet him at the door begging for "the key" if I have had a crazy day!)  He is really cool about it, because he knows that it helps me, and it was my idea and not his, so I don't feel like it is a punishment for not being able to control it.  And hopefully, at some point I won't need him to do that for me.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.