Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Sunday 'check in' -- I expect to hear from everyone! :)

Took me a long time to 'get back to good' ... from BOTH directions ...

Me: Day 7  -- actually I guess Day 7 will be complete tonight but 6 NIGHTS of w/d and slept really well last twonights. feeling moments of happiness which I can now see is vastly different from being 'high happy'. Our experiences when 'high' are certainly REAL in so far as we do expereince them BUT they are/were so fleeting. Anyway, appetitie returning, energy a little bit too. I attribute much of this 'Day 7 status' to YOUR support and I THANK YOU ALL!
20 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Looks like I'm on the same day as you.(Lucky # 7) Finally waking up with not needing that pill 1st thing. Did need my coffee though. My pain is gone but the energy isnt fully back yet. I might be giving my sick friend a ride to the store today and guess what she has. (Temptation) I need to be strong. If I relapsed & did one Morph would I get withdrawals back. I am a Vic & oxy girl. (wanna say was)Remember day 7 c/t. May need help today.Thanx everyone for sharing. It helps me. Just a note: I've been putting a puzzle together. Takes some attention away from the cravings. Plus I'ts freezing outside.
                       Thanx, (talk to me !!!)
Helpful - 0
If youre having doubts...dont give her the ride.  I know it sounds mean but if u dont feel strong enuff; dont do it.  I'm sure youre friend doesnt mean u any harm but if you think that it may be tempting then, right now b/c its still so early in your recover u have to avoid situations like that at all costs.  If this is going to work u have to be honest with yourself; u know u better than anyone so...do u think that u can handle being around someone that u know has pills right now?
Helpful - 0
Day 6 for me and my tummy is feeling a bit better. I broke a rule in my fast and had 1/2 cup of coffee. I really remommend the master cleanser fast....It hurts so bad but it provides a very efficient evacuation of all the toxins we been taking, including junk food. Night 3 for me was the worst, I couldnt sleep all night contimplating weather I was going to vomit or have the runs... like a large body of water was sitting in my stomach ready to burst.
I have absolutly no cravings for anything at the moment. except for coffee. Stomache less bloated and flu symptoms seem to be subsiding. I think I am going to force myself to hike or get some excercise today.....maybe a steam. I am totally preoccupied about getting rid of everythng as quickly as I can.
Had a dream last night that I was sad I never see the sun set anymore and started crying, Wonder what that means?
Helpful - 0
GM Tex.  I think the dreams are all a part of the w/d and detox.  I know I had some crazy dreams during the 1st week.  Had alot of dreams that God was talking to me...telling me it would be OK; to hold on and to talk to Him.  Thought I was really losing it but then again it was Him talking to me.  I know I woke up feeling better.  You are well on your way now.  I was like u; wanted to get all the **** out of my system ASAP.  I actually welcomed the runs after I really thought about it cuz I took it as a sign that my body was getting all the toxins out.
Helpful - 0
Hey, dreaming of sunsets is a good thing.  
It's the end of a cycle.  With each sunset there comes a time of quiet and then a sunrise.  Your sadness is just your sense of loss.  Even though the pills are a choice and we are choosing not to do them it's still a loss and we have to grieve over it in order to move on.  Be sad, be scared, be angry and then you can make room for the joy, happiness, and stability that comes with a clear mind.
Helpful - 0
I like your analagy Thurs. especially the sunrise. I thought while I was taking the medication my creativity was enhanced. Using color palettes in my work that I wouldnt normally think of. The palette of the sunset in my dream was exquisite, colorful and impressionistic and beautiful....Nothing lost.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Hey there. Getting ready to head to the doc. So today starts my actual attempt to taper. Felt crappy last night came home early from work and went to sleep. Woke up and logged in.
Tex to answer your question he did have some bloating. He did the cleanse for 12 days then 2 days of fresh orange juice. But he felt great the whole time. Said he was getting better sleep than he ever had and didn't crave his "adictions" cheese potato chips...he is a vegetarian, but he is a carb lover. So he tried it. Ended up losing 20 ibs. Which he needed to after the holidays.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
So far I feel ok. Pain level is high but other than that a little chilly. However it has actually been a little chilly here in sunny FL. Painful trip to the bathroom but I remembered I had sushi last night and a couple cocktails so that explains that. Anxious to get to the doc. I have only taken one 5mg since 2am, which I split in halfs. Half before bed and half an hour ago.
Helpful - 0
I hope you are okay....I wish you didnt need to taper and just try this fast thing...I think tapering could prolong the agony..... I still dont feel well, nerves on edge sore stomach and slight headache. If you try c/t maybe you could feel better in about a week......stay positive.
Helpful - 0
Hi...sorry I mispelled your alias. Message above was meant for you.
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
Whale... I been readin' everyone's latest and it sounds like most of you are continuing your courageous ways...  I admire you all...  I'm, uh, well... it's sorta getting to be d-day high noon check-out time jump already if you wanna learn how to dive... I'm starting to get sick again and I haven't exactly even started the impending c/t - I think MOTU (Master Of The Universe) is pushing my hand as it were... if I don't stop in the very near future I may not have any more future... so tomorrow I better gird my loins (so to speak!) and "just do it"...  trying to decide if to go away for 3-4 days and weather the worst (?) of the storm away from the fambly... I could stay and play sick with flu (again?! you always sick...) but I'm frankly afeared that I'll become a terror either by being so ornery or by looking so sick...  the physical part is real bad, I know it, been there once too many times... but as you've all pointed out so poignantly, it's the mental/emotional  part that is pretty much plain torture... and I will be praying... that's one of the bennies of daily prayer (as a discipline even when you don't always feel like it) is that when everything goes south including the brains willpower and heart, that bit of programming kicks in on autopilot and rusty and hollow though it may feel can actually save the day... guess I'm trying to convince myself here... already sick, but if I use it as a convenient excuse (oops, sick now, too weak to try c/t...) I don't know if I'll ever make it... tomorrow's the day, just have to decide where to camp out (I'm so blessed lucky that I can take the time off - a lot of you don't have that luxury and I can't imagine attempting this while trying to go to work or take care of the family...!)...  thanks to everyone here, following your threads kept up the internal head of steam to work towards Cold Gobbler Day...       L,  Nefesh
Helpful - 0
oh im here wish I had same positive mood you have but just cant seem to find it happy to hear you are doing well
Helpful - 0
Unfortunately, we all have days like youre having.  I had a few of them this week.  Even tho u dont think so...youre doing a great job.  Stay here and talk talk talk until u feel a little better.
Helpful - 0
the bad days seem to be taken over doing things I shouldnt realy be doing like going out and drinking until 4 in the morning friday nite but that didnt help either and the no sleep realy sucks almost 4 mnths and just over it
Helpful - 0
c/t isn't fun but the worst of the physical part is short--about 4 days--but in my experience easier (FOR ME) than tapering (I sure admire all who can taper; all I can do with a pill in my hand is take it and the next); so c/t had to be my route--I heard somebody say that if you have to eat ****, don't do it in little bites, you want it over with as soon as possible

you WILL feel better so go ahead and don't worry so much about what people will think; do this for you and your family

jaxa
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Lets just say things didn't go well at the doc. Even after multiple x rays that won't be back til wednesday, I left with 6 Darvocet. Which usually hurts my stomach. He said I needed to see an orthopedist. And I don't have insurance...So this taper thing is not happening as of now.. not sure what my plan is.. I had one..now I don't.
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
don't know if you'll see this, but thanks for the advice... c/t looks like the only hope for me at this point... it's funny, I was never much of an "addictive" personality, but with this stuff it looks to be an all or nothing deal...   Nefesh
Helpful - 0
Checking in..:)   WIsh I could have some positive energy or even something positive to say.

I just don't right now. I feel totally in a wierd fog, like I am lost and a ton of confusion. I am getting really scared.

I am going to try and read some posts right now, be back in a lil bit.

Thinking of all of you...........

Tracy
Helpful - 0
nefesh, as you have trouble this week reach out via post every time you would rather reach for a pill; that helped me; stay strong

--jaxa
Helpful - 0
I can only speak for myself but I quit last Sunday night and, by Wednesday night, ALL PHYSICAL stuff was OVER WITH. (The next parts worse BUT we all gotta get through that too.) This tapering thing really seems to be AGONY--like pulling duct tape off your arm slowly vs. real quick. I know it works for some--I am just giving my expereince/thoughts.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.