Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Just stopped Loritabs need advice on getting through...

I currently dumped the last of my pain meds down the toilet.. I got to the point to where I was taking up to 12 a day with the mg  of 10/500.. I was going through the entire day just waiting until I could take another pill. It was controling my every thought and making me feel like I had to have them to get through my day.. I take them for 2 hyrniated disks in my back... But I have noticed that the pain isn't half as bad as I thought it was... I took my last pills on 1-26-07 at noon... Can you please tell me how much longer does the sweats last?? and when will I be able to get through a day feeling good about life again... Confused in Buffalo...
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey - I'm in the same boat. I just stopped one week ago today and finally when I got in the shower this morning I started crying. It was a good cry - first time I've felt normal in probably four years. BUT, I can easily pick up a script for more on the 6th and it's really scaring me. I've got to find a way to not be available one day at a time so I don't go get them. Right now it's easy because I don't have access to them. So I totally understand what you are going through. We can get through this if we all talk to each other about it.
Helpful - 0
Doing great... I can finally eat something without feeling sick and running to the bathroom... Back pain is sooo unbearable at this point though..My family sez I might jusy have to chalk it up to having to need to be on loritabs the rest of my life... I just have to learn to monitor the dosing...I know I have a script coming on the 10th.. and I am so nervous about even picking it up.. i feel i have done so damn good for myself.. I even had the energy yesterday to clean up the whole house...I mean tabs give you a good high but on them i was never able to get anything done.. I dunno I'm babbling as usual.. just really needed to talk... Thank you so very much Powderblue
Helpful - 0
yes, that sounds about right; the next three are so much better, though the symptoms won't be clear gone you have come so far in a short time.  --jaxa
Helpful - 0
Well another day another clean day... yeah!!! I noticed I was a big bad grouch last night and got the silent treatment from the hubby, but one a better note I did go to bed at 9 and wake up at 5:30... not sure what i did different... I still have the dull headache. and leg tremors off and on.. and of course the sweats.. I'm thankful they come and go in small spurts now...I figure this is co,img up on day 4?? does that sound about right for things to level off?? thanks again.. Blessed Morning to you all Powderblue
Helpful - 0
I think I am about where you are!  My last hydrocodone pill was Monday night!  I have been listening to my favorite Christian artists to help me be aware that God is the only one who can rescue me from this addiction!   I am so thankful I found this forum.  I started on Thomas' Rx too and it IS A LOT of pills to swallow!  I am getting better and also starting to eat better, feel better and probably look better!  I have been on hydrocodone so long - due to a car accident that was not my fault...so that makes the whole thing even harder.

Best wishes to all who are going through this!
Helpful - 0
good work--I'm about 4 days ahead of you--this does get better; because we're all different its hard to predict but hang in there and you WILL feel better

from a former post of mine:

what helped me this week the most:
-cutting off pill sources - dang hard, ouch
-pleading with God to give me help only He can give and trying to give up the conceit that I can do this on my own
-Thomas recipe (used liquid valerian extract from health food store instead of sleep pills; this is very nasty, like drinking dirty socks,ick, but helped)
--as soon as I could (about day two) taking vitamins
-as soon as I could (about day three) eating fresh vegetables/fruit (on the pills I just didn't have much interest in food)
-staying busy and away from pill-hunt activities
-reading scripture for light on this twisted thing I've been doing to myself
-reading posts in this forum at the same time I'm craving, anxious--and for this one, which has saved me several times, I thank all of you

jaxa
Helpful - 0
in lue of your comment about getting your script refilled....I dont think it is a good idea I have post surgery pain since I quit Tylonol#3 last monday and after what I have been through this week there is no way I would accept another perscription. Its not worth it. Ice, baths, advil and a warm blanket......you will be fine. Your body needs to learn how to cope naturally to pain.....My question when I was taking pain pills was..."what if something really devistating happenes to me"? would I suffer excessivly because I abused pain medication so.... I stopped when the perscription was finished. Try hard to do this and thank your husband for being such a doll.
Helpful - 0
Thank you I just read about all the different things I can try.. I did just take a hot shower.. it helped.. Just wish i could stay in there forever... I have insomnia and even ambian and muscle relaxers do not help... I knew I had this problem for a while and just asked my husband to help me... He is in full agreement that I need to be helped through this... I do have a script coming on Febuary 10th, How do you think I should handle it?? If I am off the loritab completely by then wouldn't it be dumb to take even 1 for the pain?? Or do you think I should have my husband keep the counts of the meds?? I feel like a child in this situation but thank God I found this forum... Powderblue
Helpful - 0
Look at my first post yesterday..."post surgery" I've been doing the Master Cleanser fast to get rid of everything. Have a look and tell me your thoughts
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
check out the Thomas Recipe somewhere below... I'll go look now and see if I can find it - I'll be needing it soon anyways - Congratulations and Good Work and Hang in there!!!!!!!!  You're joining the ranks of the superheroes... it ain't easy, but they say that when you scale the peak the view is gorgeous!!
Helpful - 0
Check below in the "post surgery" It is my 6th day and Its not easy but there definatly is hope...read the forum below and you will understand more. My last perscription ran out last monday ache, pains, nausea and insomnia. Lots of sweats...someone recommended lots of hot baths...it really helps.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.