Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Looking for MORE info on the 'Lemonaide Diet'

HI everyone;
I did find a TON of sites with this diet. What I am wondering is can't you make this yourself? Rather than order the "kit"?

I saw some of the ingredients, and knowing ME I was too impatient to read through more sites. I was wondering if anyone had like a homeade recipe for this.??

Any info appreciated!

Thanks!
Tracy
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I meant to ask..Paul..I see where you said "it hurts" but works..LOL.
Does this mean, and I am assuming it does..by the talk of "flushing your system out" ...that this will make me in a way sick? Like well..Diareaha I am guessing but in a strong form? LOL...no other way to put it I guess.

Also to fla- WHere can I find the Ny times article? Do a search? Like New Yors TImes etc...or do they have a website?

Just curious.

Thank you for all the great info both of you! I appreciate the help!

Tracy

Helpful - 0
Hi, I do it by the glass....I fill a 12 oz glass full of luke warm water and squeeze 1/2 lemon in it. add 1 tablespoon maple syrup and a dash of cayanne. You can drink it cold .In the morning a cup of warm water with 1 tablespoon psyllium whole husk colon cleanser powder.....and then at night before you go to bed.....you can drink 7-12 glasses of lemonaide per day. I can only down 6. and...there you have it. Normal side effects are swampy runs and a furry tongue that you can easily brush off till pink (those are the toxins) Ive compared notes to those who are not on pills and their experiences are milder. Its not an easy road but I personally needed to railroad through this with the same passion as railroading through the pain before my operation.  
Good luck......It is not the easy road, ya shouldnt take any caffiene, advil, nothing. Baths help....it still hurts tonight. But definatly better than yesterday.
Helpful - 0
I have been okay...busy  but okay....Its been a big help being busy like that.....even though its Sunday now and a wee tad slower than what it has been all weekend....
I am still on day 6 here.....Keeping busy has helped...Also going thru my friends once again........Finding out whos there and who isnt....

Its funny, that friend that mentioned to me what he had the other night.....yes knows I dont want to do any pills anymore...and now hes made at me...Well sucks to be him now dont it?? but its no big deal really....Im over it....I have no room for anyone that doesnt want to see me well........Even though I dont look it...yet that comes with the territory....right?

Anyways....I am going a little stir crazy today, but that is just cuz I dont want to sit still..when I sit still..I hear myself...When I am out and about..the traffic takes away from what I am feeling.....makes sense...at least some? lol....Well I am glad to knw your okay......

I have really been considering going to a taper...rather than a cold turkey...I am so full of thoughts its crazy....and I know ppl around me cant take it...its hard on them....**** eh lol...I dont know...I am thinking..and am tryign to consider some things....

Anyways.....take care of you...

Helpful - 0
Hi,

I think Im the one who started the fire about the lemonaide diet......I looked it up on the web and made my own recipe with the ingredients in my home....I had lemons/ maple syrup/ and tap water....the only thing I had to buy was the cayenne pepper and psyllium whole husk colon cleanser....They recommend a tea called smooth move which is a natural laxitive and I found to be too abraisive since I was allready having the runs from withdrawl. Thats all....noooo kits. I swear by it!
Helpful - 0
Awsome! Thanks for the information! Yes it was you who started the fire. LOL.
But I thank you for it! Do you know about how much of each ingredient you would use for say a pitcher of it...or better yet how do you make it? (Quanity wise?)

Helpful - 0
HI hun..I am just going to copy and paste what I sent in my last post to you.
LOL..I am so so lazy today! Glad to hear from you! Where have you been girllll!!????

( Or don't I want to know?) ;) j/k of course I want to know!

Here is my post to vee:
I am doing ok..I felt great yesterday..well no not great..but I felt clear and had some energy. However, those thoughts are still there and today is not so good.

I feel so..I don't even know how to desribe it really. Not really sad....but empty maybe? I don't know just really strange emotions today. And I can't seem to concentrate for long. SHaky a bit too.
Helpful - 0
AWSOME..I can't thank you enough! I have it saved to my doc's.

I will let you know how it works!

Thank you again...and here is wishing you a comfortable night...and many blessings your way!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
No worries. You take care.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I would check out the new york times article from a few weeks ago. Thats where my husband got the info when he did it. You can totally make it at home, all the ingredients can be found at a health food store. Organic lemon juice, they recomend Grade B maple syrup and cayanne pepper. They also say a water that is slightly alkaline is best. Look for ones that are a ph of above 7. Evian is 7.5 i think. The one he did had him take a full glass of sea salt water in the morning which flushes the system it is the same consistency as the blood so your body does not absorb it just flushes. He did it for 12 days and felt good the whole time.
Helpful - 0
Hey there girl....How you doing today? Been thinking about you alot...and wanted to know if you were alright.....Things any better today for you?.......Anyways....take care of you girl

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.