Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Back from my weekend, Day 6

Hey friends, it's good to be back, I was really starting to miss coming on here but I didn't want to use my girlfriend's comp to get on here because 1) i didn't want her parents to find out about my drug use because they think i'm the perfect guy for their daughter and I haven't done anything before to defy their trust, and 2) I wanted to see if I could go the whole weekend with just my girlfriend as my crutch instead of this in case for some reason I'm not able to get online and can only talk to her about it, which I realized I can because..

I HAD AN AWESOME WEEKEND!! No w/d's that i could notice or at least attribute as actual w/d's and not just getting sick, which I am.. :( But anyway,

I spent the weekend just hanging out with the love of my life and just enjoying each others company. While i'm at college I am 3 hours away from her so I only get to see her every 2-3 weeks, which sucks because I miss her like crazy sometimes, especially when I feel dope sick.

I talked to my best friend from high school who is also recovering from Hydro but also Methadone and Heroin(snorting, not injecting) and I guess he's on Suboxone now and is doing well with that, but when I told him about my plans to flush my remaining Norcos on saturday(my 20th birthday) he was all like, "Or you could just give them to me.." It kind of made me sad that he was doing so well in his recovery but still wants to get high a lot. It's disheartening and frustrating and it kind of makes me think that I'll end up the same, cravings I cant handle.

Anyway, that was my weekend. I'm finally clearing the hill!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am so glad to hear (from what it sounds like) you had a terrific weekend!
That is just awsome! Although I am sorry to hear about the news about your friend from High School. I guess I would not concentrate too much on that. As far as this happening to you. You seem very clear headed and determined to beat this. And sure sounds like you are definately doing a great job!
Everyone is different, and maybe it just is not his time yet to give this up totally...but like I said try not to concentrate on that.
Remain focused on YOUR recovery..you need to take care of #1 my friend. Focus on that and you will be just fine!

Again, welcome back and thanks for sharing your good news!

Huggs and prayers your way
Tracy
Helpful - 0
Thanks a bunch for the replies, you're a really good person and you make going through this a lot easier than it is. Thank God for you and I hope you get through this with the ease you're allowing me. You truly have been the difference between sober and doped up for me at some points during my recovery and I thank you for that. They should pay you for this, even though I know thats not what you want, :)

Thanks again

Paul
Helpful - 0
Awww....that is the NICEST thing I have ever heard!

You keep plugging away my friend!

I'm always here, if you ever need me, anytime!

Blessings
Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.