Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
176889 tn?1234352582

Top of the Morning To Ye !!! (high noon at the OK Corral)

Good Morning!!  And may it truly be a good morning and a good day for all!!  Today is D-Day for me (C/T Thomas Recipe)... final dose right now so that I can last until I have myself quarantined safely (!) away to hopefully, God willing, weather the worst of the storm before attempting to rejoin humankind... I will of course have constant access to my laptop and a few folks will know where I am... but basically this is it... after weeks and weeks of wondering and waiting, planning and pondering, oohing and ahhing, (taper or c/t??), reading your posts, and of special note; the communication with a great person "met" here, it's time for the high dive (funny word! fits right... the highest of the highs (getting clean, please God!) with the lowest of the lows (the dive off the cliff, the physical and emotional um, er, ah... less than delightful (let's call it)... anyhue, it's off I go, and I'm so nervous I'm already sweating up a storm and can't talk to anyone (afraid I might start barking!)... it's been over 20 years of gradually increasing doses (mostly darvon w/tylenol, codeine, some percs) and I ain't no spring chickadee anymore... but lately getting the feeling that I might not have so many more chances left - already used up about ten of my nine lives... and I'm no cat!
I'll be on here a lot in a day or so when it starts getting sticky... hopefully writing but at least reading... thank you for helping me get this far...  with dread and awe, fear and loathing, and just a hint of dawning hope's sweet song to rock my soul...                           Nefesh
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am so happy to have read your post, before getting ready for work. What a great way to start the day. With an attitude like you have. You can only be a winner.I know that any and all discomfort that may be ahead for you, is well worth it. You will only get better and better. Just think how great you'll be by summer of 2007.  Keep me posted. Keep your eye on the prize.

THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
Thank You! for your kind words... it's amazing the power of a few good words!  Thank you!
Helpful - 0
Great post, and take heart.  I was in your position just last Monday, though I had to work through this.  While its not fun, its weatherable, and rewarding, with better and better results each day clean.   When you feel the urge to reach out to get a pill, reach out here instead. You CAN do this. --jaxa
Helpful - 0
Well Good Morning hun! A lovely post indeed, and a refreshing one this early MOnday morning.!

I have got to say...I love your posts too...your wording is just Great..always so cheerful!...your such an "up lifting" person! I LOVE IT! (Wish I had it) LOL
Many thanks to all the positive energy you bring here to us!!

I mean that!

Here is wishing you ALL the strength, courage, and peace you need to get through this each and every day of your struggle..ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Hugggs My Friend, we all are here for you 100%!!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
I was just asking about you sweetie. Wow what a big week you have. Everything will work out for you. Just remember that this is the best deception you are making to a better life. This week it may not feel that way but it will in due time. It is so sad how our body must go through this. But, if it were easy we would keep using, there wouldn't be a consequence for it. You are doing the right thing sweetie. I am very proud of you. I will be here for you along with a lot of others who really care. You are a special one!!!! With love, support and prayers, Heather
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.