Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ready to give up

I am going crazy. My husband, who has not done opiates since January 1st-is taking Subutex and a sustained 2 mg Xanax pill. I know he skips days with Subutex and then takes more or I suspect he does. He's secretive about how he takes it (he's not injecting though). Anyway, he's always "zooged out". Eyes half closed, somnolent, seems out of it round the clock. Barely helps out around the house and is supposed to be looking for a job. When he did opiates,poppy tea, he would do it once or twice a month and we had a week or two of withdrawals to look forward to. Now he's perpetually seeming "doped" though Subutex isn't supposed to this. He sounds like he's underwater when he talks half the time and when he is awake, he's irritable and paranoid. I also noticed his adderall presciption,given to him on the 23rd, 30 pills filled, is now down to 10 pills.. and it's only the 29th.. I'm starting to think no matter what the drug is, he'll find some way to abuse it..I wish the doc had never prescribed subutex. He had been clean from opiates for years with nothing before discovering the damn poppy tea.. Anyway, I'm just venting because I'm depressed and don't know what to do..
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Vent away....I think its teh best thing anyone can do really...Someone is always here to listen...I know I am most of the time..

As far as your husband is concerned he sounds high.....and I am not the best person to give advice so I just be here....

*hugs*
Helpful - 0
1. WELCOME

2. You are in the right place. As odd as it may seem, us folk truly embrace one another in our suffering, our fighting and ultimate SUCCESS. Many of us, even those with full lives and loads of friendsk, find this place tobe INVALUABLE as many of us don't want to 'share' or 'deal with this' among/with people we know.

3. What are your options with your husband? You said you don't know what to do (nor would I, don't get me wrong) I am just trying to fogure out, more specifically, what we can help and support you. However, if having a place to vent is all you need right now, YOU GOT THAT TOO!

Jessica
Helpful - 0
Thanks, I really appreciate the support. Right after I wrote that post, it occurred to me.. he may be trading his adderall for dope? It suddenly seemed to make sense to me. This is a college town, I know you can make a great profit with Adderall...he lives 2 blocks from a dealer.. How long does subutex take to clear before you can get nice and high from dope again?
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
not sure about how long. I know of people who have used while on it though. I would do some research. yeah I know all about the adderall thing, one of my best friends is addicted she started taking it in her first year at law school so she could study.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.