Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Has anyone used Xanax to help with w/d's? Does it work?

Has anyone used xanax to help with the w/d's?  I go to the dr tomorrow to talk with her about finishing off the taper.  I have about 16 oxy's and 10 percocets left, and know I need more to finish the taper.  I dont think she will have a problem givin me more(My 'G' doesnt want to work all the time sorry).  But I want to ask her for Xanax if it works.  I have trazadone that I take for sleep since I had brain surgery and I have ativan, but that doesnt work anymore.  Im worried that the RLS and the anxiety are going to make me want to take more and I really want to get pregnant again this next month and I know I need to be through the w/d's before I et prenant.  I dont want to risk the baby should I be so lucky again to et pregnant riht away.

I hope xanax will help!!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You sound like me...god forbid we waste a pill.    Hey you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders.  Hang in there.  You can do it.  
Peace~
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the response.  I know that once I get through the w/d's Ill be fine, so Im not to worried about getting pregnant so soon afterwards.  What I dont understand is that I was on painkillers for 8 years straight due to a brain tumor and had no problems getting off them then, but this time I am on them for 10 months and am going through this.  I hate it!!  I did really good all day today.  Instead of taking an oxy this afternoon I took 1 1/2 percocet, then tonight I burned my finger really bad cooking dinner and slipped up and took more than I have for a long time and to make matters worse I took the oxy/percocet that I normally take and the requip all together and didnt swallow the oxy and accidentally bit into it.  Now Im really freaked out because I swallowed it bitten into instead of spitting it out (god forbid I should waste an oxy) and actually got a buzz from it.  Oxy doesnt normally affect me that way, and I never understood what the bid deal about oxy was.  Now I know!  UGHHHHHHH!

I WILL GO BACK TO MY TAPER TOMORROW!
Helpful - 0
Xanax will ease the anxiety of withdrawal, as well as relax you and allow you to sleep. If you bring it up, she might prescribe either it or Valium.

If I were you, I would put off getting pregnant until you are completely off every medication. Give your body some time, don't rush anything, especially that. It's for the better. It's good to have something to motivate you to get clean.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.