Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
176889 tn?1234352582

Cape Canaveral here: 38 hours and counting

Can't begin without thankin you all - no way I'd be at even this stage of infancy in withdrawal if it wasn't for all your caring, wisdom, honesty, spirituality, humour, and experience... when I first arrived here I thought WHAT am I doing reading/writing with all these dunno-what's!!  NOW I feel honored that you even consider me worthy to be part of such an exceptionally fine group of time-toughened folks who haven't let it tarnish their hearts'o'gold one iota...       AS for me... I'm on hour 38 of chilled gobbler... feeling achy back, legs, neck - a few bouts of leg thrashing cured by the next dose of valium... mostly sleeping, took three hot showers (thank Heavens the shower here in my hideout has great pressure!) I have no motivation to do anything (except write here and letters to one lifesaving friend) and just worried that when it gets really bad my hideout daze will be over and I'll hafta rejoin my life and how will I make the switch from mr. inspiration to mr. grey??  the torture's definitely in the manageable zone at least for now... got my books, tunes, prayers, y'name it... but all I'm doing is drinking water, sleeping, and valium...   Good Luck Everybody!!!  Thank You from the bottom of my Heart!!    Nefesh
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Did you really begin your C/T withdrawal?

OMG... wtg....I know you were so confused about it...

Listen:  Anything you WANT... you truly WANT is possible....

Can't candy coat the w/d ... yer in for a ride for a few days but your doing it....

Phew........ way to go.

Gip
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
welcome back!  like the new look here?  yesss, I've actually gone and leaped off the ledge, leaned off the cliff, taken the plunge... thanks to you and all the fine folks here - never coulda even tried without y'all... starting to feel kinda lousy again so methinks it's time for another little blue valium to take the edge off... so far waking up from my troubled slumbers is the hardest, when the reality of where I am/what I'm doing here comes crashing back down and I hafta crank my carcass back outta bed, take a drink, do the chores of stayin' alive, showering, whatever, before I've waited long enough to take a little something and hit the sack again...  hopefully, with heaven's help, this forum and my wonderful new friend will keep me from giving up or gettin deeprest...         thank you kindly!!!    Nefesh
Helpful - 0
We love you! Jessica
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Woo hoo you made it through another day!!!! You are doing awesome. Look me up if you wanna chat.. I stay up super late since i work weird hours. I go in at 2pm again tommorrow. So you can expect me to be around til 1 or 2 am.
Helpful - 0
thinking of you in these tough days; glad you are making it --jaxa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.